• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    I have a CMP 1911A1 that I'm strongly considering selling. I'm not interested in it and I figure the current climate would probably give me the best return on it. I'm in New Market. What shops in the area would someone suggest to do a consignment sale? And, if you know, what are the typical fees for that?
    Thanks in advance.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Gunrunners in Frederick .

Bob has a good customer base for that gun and his prices/fees are very reasonable.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Seconded. A lot of Monocacy Pistol Club members pass through Gunrunners and the 1911 inventory is always getting eyeballed. I know I do when there. Bob's consignment rates are pretty reasonable.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I have a CMP 1911A1 that I'm strongly considering selling. I'm not interested in it and I figure the current climate would probably give me the best return on it. I'm in New Market. What shops in the area would someone suggest to do a consignment sale? And, if you know, what are the typical fees for that?
    Thanks in advance.

We will gladly take it on consignment for you, PM me for info.

Brian

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    I stopped into Gunrunners with it this morning. That was my first time there. Nice people and I'll definitely be going back.
    The fellow behind the counter, Bob I think, looked it over and gave me his opinion on what he thought it would go for. After what I paid for the gun plus transfer fees it sounds like I'd be just about barely breaking even.
    At that I may just sit on it for a bit. Not that I expected or even wanted to make a fortune off of it but I was hoping to at least come out with something for the all the CMP's hoops and the two year wait.

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_093304.jpg
      IMG_20201107_093304.jpg
      146.1 KB · Views: 302

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I stopped into Gunrunners with it this morning. That was my first time there. Nice people and I'll definitely be going back.
    The fellow behind the counter, Bob I think, looked it over and gave me his opinion on what he thought it would go for. After what I paid for the gun plus transfer fees it sounds like I'd be just about barely breaking even.
    At that I may just sit on it for a bit. Not that I expected or even wanted to make a fortune off of it but I was hoping to at least come out with something for the all the CMP's hoops and the two year wait.

You’d get more than you paid by selling it here. Every CMP gun here gets a nice premium, and there aren’t any others of these listed due to the relatively small supply. Probably a $1200 gun would be my guess.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    There's always a market for GI 1911 pistols...the issue right now is that market is geared towards home defense shotguns, AR-type rifles and handguns you see in the movies and tv...Glocks and the like. Investment firearms like a 1911 aren't on most buyer's radar screen right now...and those that are always in the market for those will be on the lookout for bargains right now.

You're right about sitting on it for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom