• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    You cannot deny that the Democratic Party poses the biggest/greater threat to the rights and liberty of people in the USA.

:sad20: Buddy, seriously, that ain't helpful. I've got my own views on the whole democrat vs republican thing, but the focus of THIS fight and THIS forum is on the gun issue. Right now, I'd take a pro-gun liberal in the stat house vs a republican, libertarian, alien, whatever who doesn't have a vote. We can hem and haw over the other issues later, let's focus on the main one for now.

Problem is that a pro gun democrat (especially in a state like MD) will face pressure from both sides. And the democrats have their ways to ensure that their members maintain the party line. Not to mention the manipulation tha goes on (example, democrat member of the MD legislature voting against any SB281 amendments, but voting against SB281 at the final vote to appear to be pro 2A).

Now this isn't so much of an issue in an R dominated state (less pressure from democrat voters, the democrat party) but it is something to be aware of.

While I applaud the D members of the MD legislature that voted against SB 281 because it was a rubbish piece of legislation (and not just for political convenience) they are the minority in their party. Too many Democrats will get away with voting for SB281 with no consequences.

That is what happens when a state is controlled by a single party.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Which is the whole point of hitting them in the primaries, where they are vulnerable. But it will take more than just the DINOs, we need every voter we can get to insure they know they aren't safe. And while towing a party line is nearly inevitable in politics, if we make them recognized that line is a trap that leads to their defeat in the next elections primaries, fewer and fewer will be as willing to march in lock step. The problem now is not just the current leadership, it is the entrenched, and indoctrinated followers of politicians of years past. Cut the cord to the old guard enough times, and you will severe it forever.

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    I spend a good portion of my week telling people to stop using words like "libtard" and "**** the demorats"

For the doofuses who just don't get it, try this statement: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Maybe that's the only way to convince these cats to stop talking like jerks about democrats and making the rest of us non-democrats from looking so bad.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For the doofuses who just don't get it, try this statement: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Maybe that's the only way to convince these cats to stop talking like jerks about democrats and making the rest of us non-democrats from looking so bad.

Most average democrats need to be prodded into making an about face and staring at serious shame head on. Allowing them to continue unchallenged in their fits of blissful ignorance and heavy-handed do-goodery is a sure recipe for epic failure of our country.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Good thing this thread isn't public, it's just here on little old MDshooters.

Also a good thing that our democrat friends don't have thin skin, and that we'll all work together - to do that DINO thing in the primaries.

Umm

But for conversation sake, I do kinda agree with the guy that said problems, plural, abound, in the country and the other guy that said we need to steer them straight.

I've heard more Democrats say they changed to (R) only after paying attention. They were embarrassed, but mostly it's the mis-information:

ABc NBC CBS Msnbc NPR CNN NYtimes LATimes wash post

3 quick examples:

1 black chick PhD, said racism was institutionalized, my response "damn right - affirmative action". But the black lady is blind to this.

2nd, a 60 year lady, smart otherwise, I told her Detroit was burned down, she asked if a terror attack took place there, I then knew she was ignorant, she finally visited Detroit at which point she learned and was convinced it was burned down - with the Holloween House Fires, white flight and Democrat policies.

Could have been lack of travel but come on lady, you are 60, your husband makes $250,000 a year and you don't know. This same lady asked me if I thought voting Democrat was generational meaning bc your family did it.

3rd, this guy, I told him the Media brainwashes people with the power to ignore, that is to ignore a story. He was bed ridden and had time to watch the News, he said he finally sees what I'm talking about.

I haven't seen many converts go from Right to Left, but I've seen many (D)s go to (R)s.

If this helps you then great.

If not, "let's move forward".
    :D

Go Guns! :)

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Ok, I had to return to this thread.

You Democrats care anything about Ashley Judd and the new "watergate" Wire Tapping criminal scandal?

At the least, renounce it here for the record. It's things like this that make the divide great.*

Now, apparently McConnell is the bad guy for simply quoting Ashley Judd.*But they wire tapped him. And he now has to defend himself for daring to think about challenging Ashley Judd.

I know you said that the "Democrat Lawmakers are going to be yours", for voting purposes in support of the 2nd, but with this level of criminal activity I don't think they care.

Hey, but I'm still in for that DINO thing.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Ok, I had to return to this thread.

You Democrats care anything about Ashley Judd and the new "watergate" Wire Tapping criminal scandal?

At the least, renounce it here for the record. It's things like this that make the divide great.*

Now, apparently McConnell is the bad guy for simply quoting Ashley Judd.*But they wire tapped him. And he now has to defend himself for daring to think about challenging Ashley Judd.

I know you said that the "Democrat Lawmakers are going to be yours", for voting purposes in support of the 2nd, but with this level of criminal activity I don't think they care.

Hey, but I'm still in for that DINO thing.

And the republican party's shit don't stink? They don't abuse power or infringe on anyone's rights? Are we all going to get together and condemn every ounce of corruption one item at a time until we're done so we can work together on the one issue that brings us together?

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    Both parties are now ruled by the political class...only in it for power and to financially reward their friends, family and donors using our tax dollars.

Today's Democrats are nothing like the Democrats of the JFK era or even Reagan's Democrats. Most are Progressives. Moderate Democrats are few and far in between now days, at least the ones in office. Though, I believe they still exist as voters.

I'm a flaming Reagan Republican that is disgusted with most of the Rs in Washington (exceptions - Cruz, Lee, Paul and a few others).

We are at a point where if we don't fight for our liberties (against gun control, the PATRIOT act et. al.) and for fiscal sanity, we will be losing what has made this country a beacon of freedom the last 200+ years.

And that fight, needs to be lead by all Americans, regardless of what letter is behind their name.

Dec 31, 2012
    The original intent of this thread was to ask that people tone down the political rancor and focus on the issue at hand and work with the means we have to deal with it in the state of Maryland.

Put aside your personal disgust with the party system and focus on your disgust with the politicians who voted for sb281.

occbrian is correct in stating that a referendum will fail due to the vitriol being passed around. No one is going ot vote on your behalf while you call them scum, etc...

Stop making blame generalizations and start putting efforts into stirring up the primaries in a realistic fashion.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Screw Democrats. If you vote for Democrats here in Maryland, or donate to the Democrat Party, you own SB 281 pure and simple.

There may be some Dems that own guns, but other issues (unions, gays, class warfare, free shit, etc.) always seems to take precedent over 2A when Dems inevitably vote for the wrong person.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    And the republican party's shit don't stink? They don't abuse power or infringe on anyone's rights? Are we all going to get together and condemn every ounce of corruption one item at a time until we're done so we can work together on the one issue that brings us together?

Alinsky's rules for radicals....admit nothing deny everything and make counter-accusations...:sad20:

Screw Democrats. If you vote for Democrats here in Maryland, or donate to the Democrat Party, you own SB 281 pure and simple.

There may be some Dems that own guns, but other issues (unions, gays, class warefare, free shit, etc.) always seem to take precedent over 2A when Dems inevitably vote for the wrong person.

You, my friend are 100% correct.:thumbsup: BTW, how's that gun case?

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Alinsky's rules for radicals....admit nothing deny everything and make counter-accusations...:sad20:

There's a reason I'll call myself a liberal and not a democrat. Both parties suck.

And you act like I've read that book or am a radical just because I'm a liberal.

But hey, keep going the route you're going. I'm sure you'll win over plenty of liberals and moderates to help fight back against the gun control in this state. Just keep reminding them that they're the bad guy and they'll vote how you want.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    There's a reason I'll call myself a liberal and not a democrat. Both parties suck.

And you act like I've read that book or am a radical just because I'm a liberal.

But hey, keep going the route you're going. I'm sure you'll win over plenty of liberals and moderates to help fight back against the gun control in this state. Just keep reminding them that they're the bad guy and they'll vote how you want.

I have no desire to win over liberals...Most are a lost cause.
    Real moderates on the other hand...easy day.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I have no desire to win over liberals...Most are a lost cause.
    Real moderates on the other hand...easy day.

Well, lets hope nobody pushes for a referendum then. It'll surely be a lost cause without all gun owners and it'll only embolden them next time to do more because they'd see it as popular approval of their actions.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Jesus. F***ing. Christ.

Can we all just agree that the ****tards who supported SB281 need to go?

I may or may not agree with liberal friends on certain issues, but I'm not going to turn away their support because I want to insult them.

I'm angry. I'm pissed off. Anyone else who is pissed over this ********, I'll gladly stand beside as we set it right.

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    Jesus. F***ing. Christ.

Can we all just agree that the ****tards who supported SB281 need to go?

I may or may not agree with liberal friends on certain issues, but I'm not going to turn away their support because I want to insult them.

I'm angry. I'm pissed off. Anyone else who is pissed over this ********, I'll gladly stand beside as we set it right.

Now if you can only get that through to the thick headed ones, that would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom