• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I recently purchased a gen 5 Glock 19 mos. I’m relatively new to the handgun scene especially regarding optics. I’m wondering what my best options are that won’t break the bank. Also I’m curious about what footprint/optics will fit on the mos without an adapter plate. I’m no engineer by any means but to me it seems like an adapter plate is just another thing that could fail. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I’m curious what insight I could get from the community on here.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    The MOS plate packaging lists all the optic footprints the factory plates cover. Agency is the only company that I know of that will mill a MOS slide. it still won't be a plate-free system though. Agency will covert it to their AOS system which is the best optic plate mounting system in the industry.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Holosun SCS is made specifically to mount to the Glock MOS slide, no plate required.

But also, nothing around with plates, in my lowly humble opinion.

I just slapped this Holosun 407A on mine while I’m waiting for my Trijicon RCR (backordered). I’ve had zero issues with Holosun on multiple pistols and rifles.

IMG_1046.jpeg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Doesn't get any better for ease of installation. The Glock specific is the SCS MOS. I just put the equivalent on my P320. As far as cost, it doesn't get any better, especially for an enclosed emitter.
    Sage Dynamics did a great review of them and he likes it. That sold me. Also, it's a green reticle which I prefer.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You can get aftermarket adapter plates that are stronger than the OEM ones if you’re worried.

The Aimpoint ACRO, Steiner MPS, and Holosun 509T attach on mini rail type plates, rather than shallow screws going through the plate of other optics. They will require aftermarket plates though, since the MOS doesn’t come with them.

Many people with low to mid five digit round counts report plate mounted optics lasting longer than direct milled. That’s probably due to the flex in the system cushioning the shock the optic receives.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Many people with low to mid five digit round counts report plate mounted optics lasting longer than direct milled. That’s probably due to the flex in the system cushioning the shock the optic receives.
    Good to know. I love the HS 507c on my G19.5 (and on the pdp too). I’ve never had any issues with the OEM plates.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If it's good enough for Sage to do a burn down without a plate, it'll be good enough for 98% of shooters out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom