• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will be picking up a 550B & mess of conversion stuff from Shooting/ Hunting partner #2 . He is Dissatified with it, and has upgraded to Lee Classic Turret.

And no, I'm NOT being tongue in cheek about it. He loads for more cals than I can count off the top of my head. He was spending waaay more time making conversions than actual loading. I laughed, and told him I could have told him that, and the Turret is perfect for what he does.

Meanwhile, I anticipate designating this for 5.56 and .45acp in volume. Maybe. Also 10mm down the road.

And of course I plan to make apointment with Maryland Reload R, carry in the box(s), and have Bob fix me up with whatever else will be needed.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I'm making room on my loading bench for another RL-550B. "I likes that machine!"

I'm going to leave one set-up for large primers, and one for small primers.
    That is the only P I T A about this machine.

Lots of toolheads. Lots of powder measures. Little Crow Gunworks "World's Finest Trimmer(s)" for .308 and .223.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    He is Dissatified with it, and has upgraded to Lee Classic Turret. Does not compute...

I started with Lee equipment and upgraded to a Dillon 650, to each his own. Take your time in the beginning and enjoy!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For *his requirements* a turret is well suited, but the progressive is more hassle than its worth *for him* .

I'll continue to use my usual equipment for experemental and small batches, and add the blue specifically for high volume of the same thing.

Yeah, a Redding T-7 would be ultimate turret, but is $$$.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm making room on my loading bench for another RL-550B. "I likes that machine!"

I'm going to leave one set-up for large primers, and one for small primers.
    That is the only P I T A about this machine.

Lots of toolheads. Lots of powder measures. Little Crow Gunworks "World's Finest Trimmer(s)" for .308 and .223.

I am surprised you are not using an XL650. I purchased a second a few years ago for the same reason.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I am about to post an ad in the classifieds for my second RL550B. I just don't reload enough to justify the second machine. You can't have the first one. :D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I will be picking up a 550B & mess of conversion stuff from Shooting/ Hunting partner #2 . He is Dissatified with it, and has upgraded to Lee Classic Turret.

And no, I'm NOT being tongue in cheek about it. He loads for more cals than I can count off the top of my head. He was spending waaay more time making conversions than actual loading. I laughed, and told him I could have told him that, and the Turret is perfect for what he does.

Meanwhile, I anticipate designating this for 5.56 and .45acp in volume. Maybe. Also 10mm down the road.

And of course I plan to make apointment with Maryland Reload R, carry in the box(s), and have Bob fix me up with whatever else will be needed.

If it came with the Dillon dies for 300BLK, please let me know. I'm thinking of upgrading from the Lee dies I have to the Dillon carbide dies.

If you need any help/advice with the Dillon, there are plenty of people that can help you on MDS.

Another one starts drinking the Blue Kool-Aid... :innocent0

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am surprised you are not using an XL650. I purchased a second a few years ago for the same reason.

I just bought a whole primer feeder for my 650.

Two bolts and swap the small for large or vice versa. And the primer punch and you are done.

Swaps, even with primer size are 5 minutes maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom