• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terps2003

MDS Supporter
    Feb 14, 2023
    Baltimore County
    that sounds like a pretty decent price esp if ffl fee is included. as noted above, if you want to add an optic make sure you get a MOS version, though their are a fair amount of g17 milled slide options.
    J&K is a brick and mortar so no FFL fee added. Don't see the MOS version listed, but they normally have it. It's where I bought mine.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I'm looking to purchase a Glock 17 at some point.

What is the typical going rate for this model, new, totally plain without "bling."
    ETA: chambered in 9mm.

I will always beat the “buy le trade-in Glocks” drum and I am in a discussion on another forum and something was mentioned that made me think of this thread @Ponder_MD :

I’ve been through the Glock Factory Armorers course at least 3 times now, if I was aware of the following (which my nephew just reminded me of) I’d forgotten it:

LE trade-in Glocks can be sent back to the Glock factory for free internal overhaul … and even nominal-cost refinishing as well.

Not insignificant, at all ….

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    IMO, Glocks are ugly but they make up for it with their ridiculous reliability and level of function. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used Glock. Parts availability and the vast amount of knowledge and experience available in local gun shops or online (like MDS) should make keeping the gun running very easy.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The good thing about used and trade-in Glocks is that it's neither very difficult nor very expensive to replace all the internal parts if you discover you have issues. The likelihood that the previous owner shot out the barrel is about zero. It's like buying a used 10/22; ultimately, there's nothing you can't fix in a pinch.

I would buy a used Glock that didn't have obvious frame/grip physical modifications without hesitation.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I will always beat the “buy le trade-in Glocks” drum and I am in a discussion on another forum and something was mentioned that made me think of this thread @Ponder_MD :

I’ve been through the Glock Factory Armorers course at least 3 times now, if I was aware of the following (which my nephew just reminded me of) I’d forgotten it:

LE trade-in Glocks can be sent back to the Glock factory for free internal overhaul … and even nominal-cost refinishing as well.

Not insignificant, at all ….
    That's certainly worth considering. I'm fully convinced that used Glocks and LE trade-ins are usually a safe buy. I have been educated.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's certainly worth considering. I'm fully convinced that used Glocks and LE trade-ins are usually a safe buy. I have been educated.
    I have seen LE trade in guns that look for absolute crap in the outside, but internally, they are <200 rounds. I bought a "Very Good" LE trade in and out was a virgin gun, and still had the orange factory grease inside it.

It is a real rarity when you get a high round count LE trade in.

Check out Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore abs Recoil Gunworks.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Go see Dan and his team at Maryland Elite Firearms, they have very reasonable prices on all firearms and always seem to have Glock's in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom