• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    It was a good gun day and I didn't even get to shoot.

While the wife was at the high school, prepping for The Sound of Music, I got to do some work in the garage. When it's not the reloading bench or the gun cleaning bench, it's the gun repair bench.

Most of my shooting has been Cowboy Action. (I have got to take the Glock out next week!) So I worked on the cowboy guns.

I polished the cylinders on the handguns. The goal is to get the shells to drop out just a little easier. They turned out very nice.

I polished up the SXS shotgun chambers. The look slick. And I took 1/2 turn off the latch spring. All to make the Stoeger a little easier to use.

I recently bought a Uberti 1866 carbine. I love the gun, but hated the sights. I spent last Sunday trying to get the front sight band off. I finally cut it off with a Dremel. Today, I punched out the rear sight and installed a Hawken sight from Track of the Wolf. (I got this tip off another gun board.) This installation went well. I just have to take a few minutes to check the sight picture, but from my garage I like the sight picture.

I wish I could have shot everything, but there was a need for some yard work. And while the neighbor across the street would have gone shooting in the woods with me, the neighbor behind me would have been calling the SWAT Team.

It's a nice feeling of accomplishment. I know I am not a gunsmith, but I can take care of some of the basics.

Thanks for letting me share.

Attachments

• 407997_3178713517158_1545258192_3032648_2143608150_n.jpg
      407997_3178713517158_1545258192_3032648_2143608150_n.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC