• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I just picked my gun up from Tim and the work was excellent the trigger pull is consistent and you can feel where the trigger is going to break as opposed to the random boat anchor feel of the stock sigma trigger. Its pull and pop. I haven't had a chance to get to the range due to snow but I'm sure it will be a smooth firing gun now.

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Around 65.00 out the door. due to inclement weather i haven't gotten to the pistol range yet. Just doing a dry fire on a snap cap its much more consistent and predictable also a few pounds lighter.

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I got to take it to the range today and its smooth, still heavy, but not overly so i need to get used to the gun again as i was used to the erratic behavior of the trigger before tim did the work on it. My groupings were much more consistent and closer together and the trigger now has a predictable break point and can be staged. I still found myself anticipating the old trigger. I need to stop doing that. In all time took a firearm that was almost as useful as a paperweight and turned it into a solid reliable one, and one without trigger schizophrenia.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I just did mine in fifteen minutes for free thanks to youtube - didn't polish anything, just removed a couple of unnecessary springs...

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Its not just springs it resistance, smoothness and consistency of pull. Glad it worked for you. Its a heavy rough trigger. I don't trust alot of what i see on the interwebs, though there is good information out there.

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    IF you have one of these guns sell it its a POS. If you are considering a sigma just get a Glock. You will thank yourself for applying logic to your purchase.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Wayne the Sigma VE guns are good relieable guns. They have a 10-12 pound long trigger pull and thats why people don't like them. I like mine a lot because of the trigger pull. It's my HD gun and I confident I will not accidently pull the trigger because of nerves or something else.
    I used to shoot PA steel with it also and didn't do so bad. I use an M&P pro now for steel which is better but I still like the VE sigma.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'm happy with mine also - I've never shot a Glock but can't imagine it would be much if any better. After I got used to the heavy trigger the gun is pretty darn accurate. I haven't shot it since I did the trigger job but I expect to see some improvement.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I am not sure how true it is, but I've heard the parts aren't out there for fixing them? They just want you to buy a new gun if it breaks... sounds a little off to me, but that's what I've read.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I am not sure how true it is, but I've heard the parts aren't out there for fixing them? They just want you to buy a new gun if it breaks... sounds a little off to me, but that's what I've read.

I bet it's false, but I've never needed mine repaired.

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Glock sued s&W over the design as parts were interchangeable with a the sigma. I am not sure what the final disposition of the suit was, but i believe smith had to cease production. If you think this firearm shoots well you have obviously never shot a quality hand gun. It is marginally effective at best that was rushed to compete with Glock. I have shot mine and a fellow shooters and both had the same characteristically inconsistent behavior. It will go boom when the trigger is pulled, but it is overall an inconsistent performer, and if i had to rely on it to make "That shot" i wouldn't. I have a Sig 226 equinox, Glock model 17, Sig 556 pistol, Sig 226 dark elite in 9mm, Ruger gp100, Springfield XD9, and a Ruger MK III and an lcp. All of which i would trust with my life and my family's, a sigma i would just show the perp where the good are you would probably survive better then rely on the sigma.

Oh and this whole conversation and thread necroresurection is pointless you obviously searched the site for sigma and decided to post in any thread bashing the gun. It has a shit reputation for a reason. If you need to do that then you know you have pos just accept it and move on or sell it, and comparing a sigma to a Glock i like comparing a biplane to an f22.

The posts by Mr (Im a huge ******* Boomstick) Are soley the opinion of Mr (Im a huge ******* Boomstick) and not those of Hafers gunsmithing or any of his associates employees or family members or pets.

Attachments

• NecroThread.jpg
      NecroThread.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 116

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Mine was inconsistent also - until I learned to adapt to the trigger. I wouldn't trust any semi auto with my life but if it came down to it I would rather have the sigma than nothing. And I have shot some quality handguns, at least in my opinion. My GP100 is the most accurate.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    My Sigma was my second handgun and my first was a Davis 380. So my experience with better triggers was nill and I learned to shoot very well with the Sigma. I can understand if you learned on better guns/triggers and then shot a Sigma. But yes Mr Broomstick you are accuratly defining yourself so I will not argue with you about that.

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    At least i'm honest about it. I actually had the sigma early on and it just never sat right with me at all. I did go a bit over the top, well actually alot, but That gun really just gets my goat so to speak. My most humble apologies to those who my rant may have inadvertently agitated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom