• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Just pulled the carrier out and found a tiney little spring about 1/4" long. I can't find an reference to this spring or a hole for it anywhere. Any ideas?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    maybe part of the trigger group? like an ar.. disconnect spring?

gsg-5-parts-diagram.jpg

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    oh boy I hope not if thats the case it wasn't supposed to fall out. I have a feeling it isn't supposed to be loose.

Come to think of it I was having FTFire on second round in mag and I dont think the triffer or hammer was getting reset. I chalked it up to dryness/dirt from firing it right out the box. May be related?

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks! Might be 57 and reason for FTF, I'll go look...I'm pretending to work but cleaning guns instead..lol (slow day)

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    bingo...we have a winner! Thanks guys...well I guess thats bolt open spring it was 57. Well damn I was hopeing to find a problem guess I'll check all the screws and clean and lube it to see if my failures quit.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Come to think of it I was having FTFire on second round in mag and I dont think the triffer or hammer was getting reset. I chalked it up to dryness/dirt from firing it right out the box. May be related?

Did you hear a click (more like a thunk sometimes) when you pulled the trigger? If so then it's not a trigger reset issue...

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Nope and felt just like it wasn't cocked. But it fed the round ok. Almost like short stroke just enough to grab the round but not enough to cock it. I was fine for about 200 rds. Then it failed almost every time but only on second round in the mag. After 500 rds it started to fail every round unless manually ejected and cocked but I stopped and put it away after it did that a few times. But to my suprise its not that dirty and lubed rather well.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Nope and felt just like it wasn't cocked. But it fed the round ok. Almost like short stroke just enough to grab the round but not enough to cock it. I was fine for about 200 rds. Then it failed almost every time but only on second round in the mag. After 500 rds it started to fail every round unless manually ejected and cocked but I stopped and put it away after it did that a few times. But to my suprise its not that dirty and lubed rather well.

Load a magazine with dummy rounds or spent casings (or live rounds if you have a place you can fire them) and see if you can pull the bolt back far enough to strip a round from the mag but not reset the hammer.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I have tried that and I can but there isn't much margin of difference so that also has me confused. Its got to be like .010" extra to pull back...its not much.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    thats what I'm hoping. Nothing looks add, worn funny or anything and it was flawless for a good bit so Im thinking she needs a bubble bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom