MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would have to believe AGC is pretty high, don’t have numbers though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think IWLA Damascus is around 1,500 last I heard..

***After Bruen, I believe IWLA Damascus was closer to 1800-2000 and at it's membership cap. There was a time when they could only accept new members through attrition of membership through those that moved away, passed away, etc..

Our W&C classes and NRA classes were packed with many people wanting to join the club, etc.. One needs sponsorship to get in, and there is a vetting process. People have been turned away, sometimes because they had been kicked out of other IWLA chapters and there is some sort of reciprocity to keep folks that are doing things against our rules (usually commercial enterprises trying to run classes on our ranges with a few "friends" which is against our conduct rules as a 501c organization).

The IWLA-WAC chapter is just one chapter of several in our area. IWLA as a whole most likely has more members in MD than any other "club" I would imagine, but I do not know the exact numbers of other chapters - but even the smaller chapters seem to have at least several hundred members each.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    ***After Bruen, I believe IWLA Damascus was closer to 1800-2000 and at it's membership cap. There was a time when they could only accept new members through attrition of membership through those that moved away, passed away, etc..

Our W&C classes and NRA classes were packed with many people wanting to join the club, etc.. One needs sponsorship to get in, and there is a vetting process. People have been turned away, sometimes because they had been kicked out of other IWLA chapters and there is some sort of reciprocity to keep folks that are doing things against our rules (usually commercial enterprises trying to run classes on our ranges with a few "friends" which is against our conduct rules as a 501c organization).

The IWLA-WAC chapter is just one chapter of several in our area. IWLA as a whole most likely has more members in MD than any other "club" I would imagine, but I do not know the exact numbers of other chapters - but even the smaller chapters seem to have at least several hundred members each.
    I didn't realize it was quite that high, but I beleive it, and I do think there are a few people bringing one too many "friends" along with them. Some are worse about it than others..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom