• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Gunsmiths? Fast? That's a good joke. I've been waiting since March for something of mine to be professionally restored by my buddy who specializes in antiques.

Good luck.

ZachW

MDS Supporter
    May 9, 2022
    Manchester
    Gunsmiths? Fast? That's a good joke. I've been waiting since March for something of mine to be professionally restored by my buddy who specializes in antiques.

Good luck.
    Maybe it's not possible. The gunsmith at Duffy's told me end of June shouldn't be a problem originally. When I emailed him yesterday asking for an estimate he told me he was backlogged and to pick it up if waiting longer was an issue. Was just looking for a time estimate since we overshot the original one, have a feeling he may just be trying to reduce workload due to the backlog. I'm just trying to see if there are other options.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    No smith worth a damn, particularly in a specialty area, is going to be without a backlog and none will be hurried up. They have plenty of work, hence the backlog.

I am not the most patient person so my solution was to learn to do most of the work myself.

ZachW

MDS Supporter
    May 9, 2022
    Manchester
    No smith worth a damn, particularly in a specialty area, is going to be without a backlog and none will be hurried up. They have plenty of work, hence the backlog.

I am not the most patient person so my solution was to learn to do most of the work myself.
    I did a form 1 to my m85 too, which is the same gun but in 5.56. I am debating going the DIY route on that one. Looking at getting a reciever blank from AK builder to use as a template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom