• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    It stronk russian technology why not.

Hey all, my Zastava PAP M90NP has a rear sight issue, and originally the rear leaf sight was problematic as well. Replaced the leaf which helped tremendously. Before
    9c1e371c3888dd60226203053dcf8a14.jpg
    265687fe1bbd2df503062ec98cd19a43.png
    After
    c331c00b7c8207c6e3fccb11df69f7b2.jpg
    dcb21192f8d2badc778c87e0f7efff90.png

The knobs of the original leaf that slide into the RSB are lopsided and different sizes. So, my conclusion is the RSB wasn't milled right so the leaf goes in at an angle. The first leaf sight wasn't correctly made.

At 100 yards, most of my shots, out of 70 rounds, were hitting middle or over towards the right.
    ab7389cbd0309d0c7d470b9dd27dd212.jpg
    Ignore the wide spread, I was feeling out the sights and using steelcase.

1fd2e9ac86255f71957f452fc3aa878e.jpg

How in the world is that accurate?!? Must be that serbian luck.

My question is, could I get away with hammering that leaf lightly and trying to straighten it? Maybe heat up the metal first and then do it? The RSB doesnt look canted despite how it may look in the pics above.
    a83d1f263baf5f3ecc876cd192e8e7bf.jpg

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Three things, either the hole in the sight is canted, the hole in the base is canted ( sounds like it), or the pin is bent? Looks like indicator time to see which. Disassemble, new tight fitting pins in a jig to see where the problem is. if you bend it, you're going to stress the joint and/or egg the hole out (if it isn't already). can you buy another? This is some touchy work unless you can heat and lovingly bend. Takes a lot of time to get that right, though.

Is the mounting ok?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Three things, either the hole in the sight is canted, the hole in the base is canted ( sounds like it), or the pin is bent? Looks like indicator time to see which. Disassemble, new tight fitting pins in a jig to see where the problem is. if you bend it, you're going to stress the joint and/or egg the hole out (if it isn't already). can you buy another? This is some touchy work unless you can heat and lovingly bend. Takes a lot of time to get that right, though.

Is the mounting ok?

Its not very easy to pull the rear sight block off the barrel, if I were to do that I would replace the block. Parts for the gun are scarce and I don't know the specs of the block. I don't think the new leaf is bent, its brand new and didn't look like it was. I'm pretty sure its the holes where the leaf is locked into place that are bent.

How much would you say it could cost to have a gunsmith fix it?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Its not very easy to pull the rear sight block off the barrel, if I were to do that I would replace the block. Parts for the gun are scarce and I don't know the specs of the block. I don't think the new leaf is bent, its brand new and didn't look like it was. I'm pretty sure its the holes where the leaf is locked into place that are bent.

How much would you say it could cost to have a gunsmith fix it?

Mounting?

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Looking at the photos I would say the
    gas blocks are canted or the front sight block?

The rails on the handguard are not in plane with the top of the rear gas block.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Looking at the photos I would say the
    gas blocks are canted or the front sight block?

The rails on the handguard are not in plane with the top of the rear gas block.

I put the rails on and it looks like I have them on slightly angled. Thats why the RSB and Gas block look canted. Here's another pic
    57e7097b064f23f2399147deab908d23.jpg

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I did it. I tapped with my hammer until it was straight. Figured its not worth losing my gun for an unknown number of months if I could fix it myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom