• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marine

Jan 10, 2013
    Hi everyone. I just purchased my first handgun. It is a Ruger sr9c and I pick it up next Friday. I bought it for home protection.

I am a former Marine and like most Marines I have been trained on the M16, Beretta 9mm, M249 SAW, M240G, M203, & the MK 19.

I have completed the hunter safety class so I hunt with my Dad once a year for shotgun season and I also completed the online handgun safety course (which the gun shop told me I didn't end up needed because I'm prior military).

I bought the handgun first because I wanted just a small safe in the house and some home protection will benefit my entire family but what I'm ready interested in is rifles and shooting from distance. Hopefully later on I will be able to buy an AR and complete a couple training courses to improve my shooting and knowledge.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 79
    Dec 31, 2012
    The SR9C is a good choice. I've had mine since early December and put 1200 rounds through it of 14 different types/brands of ammo(bought before the panic). All worked perfect except Magtech 148grain subsonics but Iwas limp wristing from a rested position so a single FTE can be overlooked.
    My wife can handle it as the recoil is very manageable.
    Welcome to the forum, to Baltimore County, and to Ruger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom