Hello from Harford County, looking into getting my first pistol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jangoforhire

Jan 11, 2013
    Just joined today! I've been on here a few times before but am looking into my first major handgun purchase so I figured I'd get on here and do my research first!

I live on a farm so I have been lucky enough to have access to many guns as I grew up.The newest addition to my collection is a Henry Big Boy .45 colt rifle. But I am now looking into getting a 1911 .45 ACP handgun.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Jangoforhire

Jan 11, 2013
    Thanks for all the info everyone! I've read all about the 9mm/.45 debate for a while now and basically have come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter, as long as you practice practice practice with what you have.

I do like 9mm for the cheaper rounds and bigger magazine capacity though. I shot my friends 9mm and .45 the other day and liked them both. I like the designs of the big .45's a lot too so I'm not super partial to either caliber.

I also have a friend with a Kimber Crimson Carry II and I love that gun...very slick.

Any recommendations for gun shops in the area that carry Kimbers? From what I've seen Christian Soldier and Freedom Armory in PA look nice.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 67

JmFinksburg

JmFinksburg
    May 15, 2012
    Carroll Co.
    Can't go wrong w/the 1911. It is a little big and can be heavy to carry. The smaller cals are good but there's a reason the military switched to the .45 way back when. Can you say Stopping Power

Jangoforhire

Jan 11, 2013
    Can't go wrong w/the 1911. It is a little big and can be heavy to carry. The smaller cals are good but there's a reason the military switched to the .45 way back when. Can you say Stopping Power

I'm not looking to carry it (we are in Maryland after all..) but yes the .45 definitely is nice. And I may be looking at an alloy frame as opposed to steel to save some weight.

Greetings from Fallston. Freestate Armory had a great selection of 1911s when I was there a couple of days ago.

I was at free state the other day and didn't see any Kimbers...ill have to check again.

Agreed! I would go classic and get a Browning Hi Power variant. They can be had from ~$350-1100+. All of em are awesome. I got it from the Gun Shop.

Good luck!

Ill look into those 9mm's. Thats pretty cheap too, Thanks!

Oh not this sh!t again.....:lol2:

Welcome. Just don't ask about the horse. Please don't ask about the horse. :D

Clearly ill have to hang around here a little bit to catch all the inside jokes! Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the help so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom