• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    Hi there guys...

First time poster on your forum. I live in Oklahoma but work M-F in Ft. Worth, Tx. and commute back home on the weekends. Over the past few years my work has taken me to North Dakota, Montana, New Mexico, SW Texas, all over Okla. and now to Ft. Worth. I have never been very far East or NE, but would if given the opportunity.

I have been pretty fortunate so far to have been located in some fairly "gun friendly" states. I own 4 of the "evil" so-called assault rifles (2 ARs, AK-47 and AK-74) a bag full of automatic pistols and a couple of revolvers.

Look forward to discussing firearms with you guys...

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Welcome from a Misplaced Texan living in the Gun repressive State of Maryland.

I'm from the Hill Country, (Central Texas) spent 5 Years at Carswell AFB Ft. Worth, 3 Year at Tinker OK City, and 1 year at McConnell AFB Wichita Kansas. Interstate 35 and I go way back.

Since your in that neck of the woods check out http://www.murraysguns.com/index.htm he's in Bowie, Texas. If you have a SKS his firing Pin Kit are great and prevent slam fires. :thumbsup:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Welcome from Port Deposit. Recently relocated to MD myself from NJ. Believe me, you do want to go any further into the NE.

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Hey Texas. I had to fly out to Austin for work a few summers ago. Cedar Park ,was the town outside where we all stayed.When we went into actuall Austin,we saw all these shirts and signs and slogans everywhere "Keep Austin Weird"...needless to say we were like..whoa..not what I thought Texas would be like. We did get some time to visit the Alamo,that was great.

And the BBQ (eats) were top notch.

Welcome aboard.

Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks all for the warm reception.

In regards to Austin...

In the State of Texas, Austin is regarded and known as..."The People's Republik of Austin" It is by far the most liberal, gun-hating, anti 2nd amendment place in the whole state.

In Austin...If you smoke cigarettes, you are held 2 rungs on the ladder below a pediphile. If you own a handgun, you are held 10 rungs below a cigarette smoker. The rest of Texas is fine as far as firearms are concerned.

Remember though guys, I am from, and own a home, in Oklahoma.

As of November, 2012, if you have a concealed carry permit in Okla., you may also "open carry"!!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Thanks all for the warm reception.

In regards to Austin...

In the State of Texas, Austin is regarded and known as..."The People's Republik of Austin" It is by far the most liberal, gun-hating, anti 2nd amendment place in the whole state.

In Austin...If you smoke cigarettes, you are held 2 rungs on the ladder below a pediphile. If you own a handgun, you are held 10 rungs below a cigarette smoker. The rest of Texas is fine as far as firearms are concerned.

Remember though guys, I am from, and own a home, in Oklahoma.

As of November, 2012, if you have a concealed carry permit in Okla., you may also "open carry"!!

Having spent a good number of years of my life in Texas and lived in a many different part of that Great State What you said is true, Texas puts all the A**holes in one city instead of letting them run loose over the state. It been a while but I remember we call them Tourist or more correctly Turistas :rofl:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics