• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Anybody familiar with the Heritage Rough Rider pistols? I'm looking to buy one and I read that they will shoot both 22lr and 22mag. What I was wondering was is there two separate cylinders or do you just use one for both calibers? The gun I'm looking at is used and has one cylinder and is not marked either way,and I want to say that I read somewhere that it came with 2.. Anybody?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Need 2 for both. If the 22mag cylinder was missing I would'nt worry about it I have never used mine. If the 22lr cylinder is missing it better be free. The Rough Rider is one of the best values out there. I hope you are getting a good deal. Check prices for new ones to make sure.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    With 1 cylinder of course the missing one is the one you wanted $100-150. You can get new ones with both cylinders for under $300. The adjustable sight ones while less authentic are more versatile.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Just found them on Buds website,I think I answered my own question. I found Heritage's website also,looks like I could buy the 22mag cylinder if need be.

Thanks for the info though,I'll be sure to give your name to my other half when she bitches at me for buying another gun!!:lol2:

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I have one with a 6.5" barrel. The 22lr cylinder isn't marked but the 22mag one is. It's a fun gun and the 22 mag option is nice but you will end up using the 22lr alot more. I haven't tried it but I was told the 22lr cylinder will take 22 shorts also. The only down side to the gun is it's 6 shots and they go quick. You will be reloading alot.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    That would be sweet if it does shoot shorts,I could cowboy shoot squirrels off my deck and my neighbors would be none the wiser! Easier than the Remington 552 rifle I use now to poke out of the sliding glass door!:D

And YES I eat them!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I know from working trade shows that dealers absolutely love them because they rarely come back. The company has a good reputation for customer service and the 22LR/22mag guns are completely made in the USA (Florida).

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    That's the thing,how do you tell the difference between the two? I kinda wanted the 22mag just because I don't have one.
    the 22lr cylinder is fluted and the magnum is smooth I paid $269.00 + tax and BG check at Bass Pro. It has the adjustable fire sights. The model with fixed sights is $219.00. BTW, It is a nice accurate gun

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I really like mine. I overpaid a bit for it when new but it really is an accurate little gun. I even got the westen holster for it......really does make it cool! Btw, I'm not sure on the rifling but the 22 mag is a good bit more accurate.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I know from working trade shows that dealers absolutely love them because they rarely come back. The company has a good reputation for customer service and the 22LR/22mag guns are completely made in the USA (Florida).

I think Taurus just bought them...
    That would worry me a bit given the horror stories about Taurus' customer service and turn around on warranty.
    If it's cheap enough why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom