• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickJ777

Feb 1, 2024
    Maryland
    Hello, I was recently given my MD HGP and card. Just today I reviewed my application and realized I checked no to the " have you been arrested box on application ". Twenty years ago when I was a teenager I was arrested for disqualifying crimes as a juvenile. Should I have checked no on HGP APP ? At the time I wasn't thinking because according to MD Shall Website being arrested as a Juvenile only counts if you are under 30 at time of application. Maybe I'm over thinking because MDSP and investigator would of had to have seen the 2 Juvenile arrest.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hello, I was recently given my MD HGP and card. Just today I reviewed my application and realized I checked no to the " have you been arrested box on application ". Twenty years ago when I was a teenager I was arrested for disqualifying crimes as a juvenile. Should I have checked no on HGP APP ? At the time I wasn't thinking because according to MD Shall Website being arrested as a Juvenile only counts if you are under 30 at time of application. Maybe I'm over thinking because MDSP and investigator would of had to have seen the 2 Juvenile arrest.
    (Not a lawyer)

If you are over 30, it shouldn't matter. By the book, you should have reported the truth- but no 'arrest' is disqualifying. Only CONVICTIONS could make you a prohibited person.

You may wish to apply for EXPUNGEMENT of whatever records exist.

NickJ777

Feb 1, 2024
    Maryland
    (Not a lawyer)

If you are over 30, it shouldn't matter. By the book, you should have reported the truth- but no 'arrest' is disqualifying. Only CONVICTIONS could make you a prohibited person.

You may wish to apply for EXPUNGEMENT of whatever records exist.
    Appreciate it, just kind of scary because it could be considered perjury. Just curious, how do you know this ?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Appreciate it, just kind of scary because it could be considered perjury. Just curious, how do you know this ?
    Years of experience advising applicants.

Making a false statement on an application is a violation, but is almost never prosecuted.

NickJ777

Feb 1, 2024
    Maryland
    Years of experience advising applicants.

Making a false statement on an application is a violation, but is almost never prosecuted.
    Appreciate the feedback. Think I should inform MDSP of the error ? Or should I just answer yes to having been arrested when it's time to reapply in 2 years ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom