• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    With regard to the original question about living in Falling Waters - I moved there from MD about 25 years ago, and have never been sorry. There are upscale communities in Falling Waters as well as typical West Virginia type areas, and pretty much everything in between. It's close enough to Maryland to take advantage of what that state has to offer, while also offering a much more friendly environment for gun owners, and lower taxes.

wife and I took a sunday drive down there a couple weeks ago to check out the area. I had about 6 houses I wanted to look at. wife was not impressed, we drove past some beautiful homes but they all seemed to be surrounded by dumps (cars up on blocks, junk everywhere, etc). I'm not stuck up by any means I just want a decent place to live that I can afford. I need a place with enough land that I can erect a 40x60 or thereabouts pole building, so 'upscale neighborhoods' are probably out for us, but I don't want to be sitting on my front porch lookin at other peoples junk either. I'll keep looking and give it another shot maybe when the weather turns warmer and I can cruise around down there on my motorcycle one day, I'm sure we did not see all the area.

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    Like many areas, you kind of have to know where to look. The upscale communities usually have covenants and restrictions that limit what you can do with your land, and if you are someplace with no restrictions at all, you probably won't like what other people are doing with/on their land! If you PM me I maybe can tell you a few places to look to see if they are the types of communities that you would consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom