• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    How much should I ask for? rem 700

Hey everyone, I've been thinking about selling my bolt rifle for sometime now and would like to know what a fair asking price is. The rifle is a Remington 700 SPS Varmint (26" bbl) with a Bell and Carlson A5 stock and Millett TRS-1 4-16x50mm scope (Comes with Butler Creek Flip-ups and a sunshade). It's chambered in .308 and only has about 100 rounds through it.

I don't have a decent place to stretch it out so I hardly ever shoot it. I'd like to sell it to fund a new toy. :D

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
      IMG_1573.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 283

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    $ 7.50, a six pack, you can super size you meal and I will let Lord Chad give you the reach around!

a deal is being made here!

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    These suggestions don't look too promising.:ohnoes:

The rifle goes for about $700, the stock for $400 and the scope for ~$300 depending on where you get it. Like I said, it's only had about 100 rounds through it and is a very accurate rifle. I was shooting Sierra Match 168gr HPBTs and all groups were touching at 100 yards.

I've never resold a firearm before so I don't know what kind of resale value something like this would have.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    These suggestions don't look too promising.:ohnoes:

The rifle goes for about $700, the stock for $400 and the scope for ~$300 depending on where you get it. Like I said, it's only had about 100 rounds through it and is a very accurate rifle. I was shooting Sierra Match 168gr HPBTs and all groups were touching at 100 yards.

I've never resold a firearm before so I don't know what kind of resale value something like this would have.

From what I have seen their is kinda of a flood of these guns comming and going in the used market. I can only speak for the shop I work at but we get this kind of set up in used all the time. People put a good set up together and like you shot it a few times but realize they have no where to shot it or its more expensive to shoot then there AR and they get put on the chopping block.

nothing wrong at all with your set up its pretty sweet:thumbsup:

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    From what I have seen their is kinda of a flood of these guns comming and going in the used market. I can only speak for the shop I work at but we get this kind of set up in used all the time. People put a good set up together and like you shot it a few times but realize they have no where to shot it or its more expensive to shoot then there AR and they get put on the chopping block.

nothing wrong at all with your set up its pretty sweet:thumbsup:

That's exactly why i don't shoot it as often as my other rifles. No place to enjoy the potential of the caliber. It's so accurate, it's almost boring at 100yards.

$1000 would get it sold pretty quick. $1200 if you want to wait. No reach around required.

Haha, so would a reach around be included on the $1000 price tag?:lol:

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Sounds about right. I'd also say the OP might be better off selling the glass separately.

Thought about keeping it actually but it might be a little extreme for what I'd like to build. It's a great scope and has a clear picture.

BTW, it's in the classifieds. Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom