• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Hello friends and neighbors. Its me again looking into getting my FFL. Ive gone through the process before and the hold up was Howard county and their rule. The Fed and the state is kinda easy to apply and get approved but its the 30 days to be approved or compliant with the county which seems impossible. I can't get anyone to tell me or even respond to me about the rules in writing on the zoning and things like that to get approved in Howard county so I dont want to apply again unless I know all that stuff. Does anyone here know where the actual law / rules on this are posted ? I get Hoco is not friendly on this mater but it where I live and that isn't changing for long long time. and I see and go to a few FFL in Howard county so I know it can be done. But is anyone willing to help me figure it out lol. Thanks in advance.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Maybe contact your County Council representative and find out from them. They are in charge of the zoning laws.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Are you trying to get an ffl out of your house or a business address? If there is an HOA on involved you’ll need to get a copy of the regulations. You will also need to go to the zoning office to get a dated letter of zoning. Mine was dated in May and in August the witches at the trade license office made me go and get it updated. This was in 2016 for a business address. Not sure how bad things are now. GL

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Are you trying to get an ffl out of your house or a business address? If there is an HOA on involved you’ll need to get a copy of the regulations. You will also need to go to the zoning office to get a dated letter of zoning. Mine was dated in May and in August the witches at the trade license office made me go and get it updated. This was in 2016 for a business address. Not sure how bad things are now. GL
    I was told verbally years ago that hoco will not allowed ffl out of your home. But never seen that as a real law or regulation on paper. So this time I'm trying to get the actual written rules hoco has on what I need to do. Not getting anywhere.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    There is no hoa . So just seeing what hoco requires to have a ffl here . State and fed are easy but want 30 days to be compliant with local city / county .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I was told verbally years ago that hoco will not allowed ffl out of your home. But never seen that as a real law or regulation on paper. So this time I'm trying to get the actual written rules hoco has on what I need to do. Not getting anywhere.
    You may want to call an FFL in Howard County and see if they can talk you through process they used.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In 12 hrs , nobody has said it yet ?

I don't even know HoCo zoning , but l"ll betcha this is how it is :

There is no " official , standardized , written in black & white path " to an Home FFL . It would require a Special Exception .

Bring bribes or political clout .

Was I close ?

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Not even saying I want to do it at home . I am saying I want them to give me a clear legal path and answer on what they want.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’m an ffl in hoco. Not worried at all about competition. I laid out what I did. If you need more pm me. I don’t think they put out “ How to be a ffl in hoco”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom