• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I went late today and enjoyed it. Got a few odds and ends. A couple books. Donated to MSI.

I chatted with a few of the smaller vendors and they commented this show is not usually great for them but yesterday was good.

Whether a show is good or not for an individual depends on what you’re looking for.

Like I got some unfinished brass muzzle loading parts from the target guy that I want to practice on for an upcoming build. Some hard to find brass from the reloading guys. Got a giant pistol rug that should fit a Harpers ferry repo pistol I need to get to the range.

I was tempted by the one dealer that had just about every version of 10/22 you could think of but I’ve got some other expenses coming up. Lots of Mini 14s but I’m not up on what a good price is.

ETA: Got some Enfield stripper clips from SCSG. Big spender lol.

Thegman

Jul 11, 2021
    Chantilly has stuff I want but is an hour each way. The MDS meetup in Westminster sounds like fun but it's 45 minutes to get there. The HoCo gun show is only 20 minutes each way but won't have the standard capacity mags.

This is a tough decision as I can only spare 3-4 hours away from home today. I just hate driving to Chantilly in a hurry knowing that I might be in line for 45 minutes or so.

Went to Chantilly years ago. Loooooooong line in cold drizzling rain in Feb. Guy walking down the line from the promoter yelling at people to have correct change. How the hell is one to "create" correct change while standing in line? Why wasn't he making change if that was what they wanted? Yelling at people doesn't make $$ appear.

Left and haven't been back.

Yes, there are gains there but not worth it to me.

FYI, you can buy tickets online and just walk right in. There's like $2 or $3 service fee but it is well worth it IMO.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    FYI, you can buy tickets online and just walk right in. There's like $2 or $3 service fee but it is well worth it IMO.
    Good to know, thanks. I'm not likely to go back though. Paying 10-20% more for a service fee doesn't appeal to me much. They should be giving you a discount since they have their $$ whether you show up or not and you're helping the line move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom