• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    A. Aubrey Bodine was a photographer for the Sunpapers until his death in 1970. Here's his work on hunting, mostly in MD. Some very cool pics here. It's an old website with an old format, but it works.

44-166.jpg

44-156.jpg

44-172.jpg

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A. Aubrey Bodine was a photographer for the Sunpapers until his death in 1970. Here's his work on hunting, mostly in MD. Some very cool pics here. It's an old website with an old format, but it works.

44-166.jpg

44-156.jpg

44-172.jpg

*****Beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for posting! I remember the name and have seen some of his work in museums as well as in a pictorial book at our chapter range at Izaak Walton. We have several of his pictures mounted on our walls there though few people know it is Bodine's work. Remarkably talented fellow. Really could capture the essence of what he was photographing.

Amazing he has been dead for over 50 years already. Also remarkable is how much our country has changed since his days working at the Baltimore Sun.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    We have a few of his other pictures. He did great work. His pictures of the Eastern Shore are my favorite.
    I like the ones with the sink boxes.
    The other one with the two guys in the tall blind is a good one too.
    Sink boxes are illegal for methods anymore and waterfowl hunting from an elevated platform is too as far as I know.
    I know a place where you can still see elevators with counterweight remnants built into trees for shooting geese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom