I don't think I'll ever see, a hideous mid-century inspired modern sculpture as lovely as a tree!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    1699588621083.jpeg
    Tree of Life in Utah at the edge of the salt flats I 80.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’ll never forget sauntering into the Hirshorn to find a piece of plywood hanging on display, complete with focused lighting and the artist‘s card on the wall next to it…. I was in such disbelief a security guard also sauntered over as I got closer … and closer to it, peering to see what I was missing.

Turns out I wasn’t missing anything. It. Was. A. Fvcking. Piece of 4x8 plywood ….

I asked the guard, “W. T. Holy. Fock?

He just rolled his eyes and let out a big sigh …

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    The 'artist' is from Baltimore Md.?? There's a problem right there, and the Lewes Art Committee had to pass up numerous junk yards, junk stores, and that guy outside of Lincoln DE. with the spooky mannequins guarding a whole yard full of 'art work' ALL the way to Baltimore? We got good junk right here!!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The 'artist' is from Baltimore Md.?? There's a problem right there, and the Lewes Art Committee had to pass up numerous junk yards, junk stores, and that guy outside of Lincoln DE. with the spooky mannequins guarding a whole yard full of 'art work' ALL the way to Baltimore? We got good junk right here!!
    Don't forget this guy right on 24.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Our suffering may soon be over....

The Lewes Public Art Committee unanimously voted to have artist DeWitt Godfrey remove the “Paviljoen” sculpture from Canalfront Park.

At its meeting Jan. 2, the committee discussed the possibility of buying it and moving it elsewhere in the city. Ultimately, committee members decided it would be too expensive, take too much time and could take money away from other art projects.

“If we come up with a ton of money, magically, then we can discuss moving it. Until then, I think it’s over,” said committee member Steve Walker.

“Paviljoen,” which is Dutch for pavilion, was installed in July, two months later than expected because the original cement base cracked and had to be replaced. It was intended to be temporary and on display for six months.

Janet Reeves, parks and marina manager and acting assistant city manager, said the city has informed the committee that Canalfront Park can no longer be used for public art installations because it is a stormwater biofiltration area.

She said once the sculpture and base are removed, the area will be restored.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Our suffering may soon be over....

The Lewes Public Art Committee unanimously voted to have artist DeWitt Godfrey remove the “Paviljoen” sculpture from Canalfront Park.

At its meeting Jan. 2, the committee discussed the possibility of buying it and moving it elsewhere in the city. Ultimately, committee members decided it would be too expensive, take too much time and could take money away from other art projects.

“If we come up with a ton of money, magically, then we can discuss moving it. Until then, I think it’s over,” said committee member Steve Walker.

“Paviljoen,” which is Dutch for pavilion, was installed in July, two months later than expected because the original cement base cracked and had to be replaced. It was intended to be temporary and on display for six months.

Janet Reeves, parks and marina manager and acting assistant city manager, said the city has informed the committee that Canalfront Park can no longer be used for public art installations because it is a stormwater biofiltration area.

She said once the sculpture and base are removed, the area will be restored.
    That thing is hideous. Looks like pieces of a ship torpedoed and blown up by a U-boat.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I just don't get what some people call art.
    I knew an Art once. I think he is doing 20 to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom