Votes: 5 55.6%
    • Replace the barrel

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Ok, my trust will be official as soon as it's notarized and I want to send off my Form 1 ASAP.

My only dilemma is how to go about shortening the barrel. Should I chop it and have a 3-lug adapter installed ($345 + shipping), or replace the barrel entirely ($724 including labor + barrel cost + refinishing). The barrel that's in it shoots VERY well, but I hear very good things about the RCM barrels available at HKParts.net.

My rifle is the Turkish MKE AT-94-A2, if that makes any difference. I was going to send it to IGF.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I think you guys are right. When I was typing up the thread I was wondering why the hell I'd spend twice as much on a barrel swap... I guess the only real reason would be for 922(r) compliance, but screw that.

The finish on the MKE gun is actually pretty good to begin with, the welds are pretty clean and look better than pretty much every clone built by a US shop (with the exception of IGF and DT).

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If you have the money to spend then get the barrel replaced. Replacement RCM barrels are top quality, but like you said, if your's is a strait shooter then... chop and thread!

Yeah I plan on running this for 3-Gun and shooting for fun. I could afford it but it will push back my suppressor purchase, AR builds etc.

I'm going to have to engrave my trust info on the receiver anyway, it's not an original HK as others have said, and IGF does good work. Looks like I've figured it out... thanks guys. Of course I'll post pics when it's done. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom