• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    recent email from Cody Claxton, IDPA's Area Coordinator, he asked me to post here:

Thanks for supporting IDPA Matches in the VA/MD areas.

If you are a Virginian, please remember to complete your SO recertification by July 31 if your SO certification expires this year. If you are a Marylander and missed the deadline, please email VA.MD.IDPA@GMAIL.COM within 8 days of when you wish to take the test.

We have two Safety Officer Certification Courses coming up soon:
    - Sun, Aug 16 at Sanners Lake, Lexington Park, MD. Please email me if you are interested...slots are still available.
    - Thur/Fri Sept 17/18 at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA. This will be two-4 hour evening sessions starting at 5PM.

We are considering another Safety Officer class in Maryland, but don't yet have enough students to set a date. It would likely be sometime in October/Nov at this point. Please email me if interested in a date on Oct/Nov timeframe at Thurmont, MD.

If you have not seen the recent Tactical Brief, please click here: http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/idpa/idpa072115.php

Please be aware that Monday nights are women's nights at Blue Ridge Arsenal with discounted rates. Also, Blue Ridge is planning a women's only IDPA Match on a Monday in the future.

I am also working with Fairfax Rod and Gun and Virginia Gun Safety to run regular new shooter classes in Northern Virginia. Let me know if you are interested. In Maryland we have Peter Ott leading that effort.

The Bass Pro Shop in Hanover, MD is hosting NRA Freedom Days and a shooting sports promotion. Walt Romaniw is leading the effort which includes IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challlenge, SASS, and 3Gun. We are looking for some volunteers to host the tables. Email me at VA/MD.IDPA@GMAIL.COM if you can volunteer any of these time slots or contact Walt directly if you has his email.

July 25 - Sat
    Meet and greet Table - 10-4pm (IDPA/USPSA/Steel Challenge/SASS etc)
    3 Gun Seminar 11am
    Women's Defense Seminar 3pm - Gals I know are running

July 26 - Sun
    Meet and greet Table - 1-4pm (IDPA/USPSA/Steel Challenge/SASS etc)

Aug 1 - Sat
    Meet and greet Table - 10--4pm (IDPA/USPSA/Steel Challenge/SASS etc)
    3 Gun Seminar 11am
    Women's Defense Seminar 3pm - Gals I know are running

Aug 2 - Sun
    Meet and greet Table - 1--4pm (IDPA/USPSA/Steel Challenge/SASS etc)

I am working on a Virginia/Maryland/DC IDPA website, but not done with it yet. I will let you know when it is completed.

Please see the AAFG website for upcoming match dates.

Sanctioned Match Reminders:
    - Patriot Match, Lewistown, PA, Aug 22-23, $85, http://www.lewistownpistolclub.com/
    - Delaware State Match, Bridgeville, DE, Sept 12, $100, http://www.idpamatchsignup.com/osm_match_signup_main.aspx
    - East Coast Championship, Prospect Hill, NC, Sept 12, $120, http://caswellranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/US.EAST_.COAST_.IDPA_.2015.pdf
    - HOLD THE DATES: Oct 10/11 AAFG is considering a Tier 2 Sanctioned Match. (Tentative)

Feel free to use VA.MD.IDPA@GMAIL.COM for any correspondence.

I am also looking for any ideas on how to bring more women and minorities into IDPA in the VA/MD/DC areas. Please email me any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    IDPA Coordinator, VA/MD/DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom