• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Pre-emptive im in! ;-)

Dying to try it but not knowing gear or which Id prefer has kept me away.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Congrats to FTJoe post #15 for winning the spot! The giveaway is over unless the winner decides he cannot make the class. FTJoe expect a PM tomorrow with instructions.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    the course was this passed weekend. Trevor & Bennett were fantastic instructors under the conditions (114 deg F heat index under bright sunny skies) and they had just finished teaching a class in the morning on the range with no natural shade. it was HOT! 2 dropped out early due to the heat, but they took the morning class too so they were at their limit.

for those thinking about taking the class be honest with yourselves. if you're looking to take a class on a Saturday and expect to move up a rank in IDPA or USPSA on Sunday, then this is not the class for you. if you're looking to take a class (for this one it was 2 instructors with 6 students) and have 2 masters watch you, make corrections, show you tricks, give you dryfire drills to practice at home and live fire drills to practice at your local range, then this is the class you want to take. Trevor and Bennett know their stuff, but I could tell they were a little drained after the morning session. They were enthusiastic for as long as possible, but eventually we were all hitting a brick wall with the heat. We didn't get to everything on their list, but covered most of it. What we covered was priceless and I thank them for the opportunity.

they did offer a follow-up course to the students (via an email) at a reduced rate which I thought was more than fair since we were cut short in time. after I practice a bit, I may have to take them up on it.

I did learn a valuable lesson: do NOT take a class that is 4+ hours long and 100% outdoors in any summer month. I'll wait for april/may/sept/oct classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom