• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I recently picked up a used CZ TS 2 Racing Green. Long story short, I've ordered 2 holsters from 2 reputable companies that don't fit my gun. Black scorpion sent me a picture of their TS2 RG and it looks different than mine. I called CZ with the serial number and confirmed it is indeed the Racing Green model. So my question, did they change the design of the RG model at some point? Mine does have aftermarket grips, so ignore that part, but the front of the gun is clearly different.

Attachments

• IMG_5910.jpeg
      IMG_5910.jpeg
      347 KB · Views: 92
    • Photo Apr 14 2023, 9 35 47 AM.JPG
      Photo Apr 14 2023, 9 35 47 AM.JPG
      373.2 KB · Views: 94
    • IMG_5911.jpeg
      IMG_5911.jpeg
      269.3 KB · Views: 94
    • Photo Apr 14 2023, 9 35 57 AM.JPG
      Photo Apr 14 2023, 9 35 57 AM.JPG
      129 KB · Views: 98

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I recently picked up a used CZ TS 2 Racing Green. Long story short, I've ordered 2 holsters from 2 reputable companies that don't fit my gun. Black scorpion sent me a picture of their TS2 RG and it looks different than mine. I called CZ with the serial number and confirmed it is indeed the Racing Green model. So my question, did they change the design of the RG model at some point? Mine does have aftermarket grips, so ignore that part, but the front of the gun is clearly different.
    This is incredibly late, and you may have found a fix already, so just in case.

I have a plethora of CZs, and there have been times where I have ordered holsters that are simply just not fitting. This can be for any number of reasons. As far as size changes - these normally do not change much. CZ does make little changes like the type of material for sights, or pin composition, but not major size changes. Besides a listing error or mistake, some major questions that I would ask: What year is yours (stamped on the size) and what year is the blue gun the company is using + have you asked the company for a replacement to see if it was just incredible bad luck. Also, sometimes the model numbers change, where the name of the hand gun does not. So that would be somewhere to start when asking the company.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    This is incredibly late, and you may have found a fix already, so just in case.

I have a plethora of CZs, and there have been times where I have ordered holsters that are simply just not fitting. This can be for any number of reasons. As far as size changes - these normally do not change much. CZ does make little changes like the type of material for sights, or pin composition, but not major size changes. Besides a listing error or mistake, some major questions that I would ask: What year is yours (stamped on the size) and what year is the blue gun the company is using + have you asked the company for a replacement to see if it was just incredible bad luck. Also, sometimes the model numbers change, where the name of the hand gun does not. So that would be somewhere to start when asking the company.
    Thanks for the reply. As I was cleaning my pistol the other day, I noticed a crack in the coating on the front of the frame. Long story short, I think the previous owner had weight added to the front of the pistol, then had it ceracoated. I modified a holster to make it fit, so I am good to go for now.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the reply. As I was cleaning my pistol the other day, I noticed a crack in the coating on the front of the frame. Long story short, I think the previous owner had weight added to the front of the pistol, then had it ceracoated. I modified a holster to make it fit, so I am good to go for now.
    that is interesting, probably to help with muzzle flip, but that is a bit over the stop considering it's a TS 2. Glad you found a fix for now

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    These Shadow 2's are beginning to appeal to me. I think CZ really developed a good tool. Read this thread because I may eventually 'go there'.

Good input, 25maf
    They are incredible range and competition guns. If you are looking for a carry at home, on the move, or otherwise not at a range I'd highly suggest the P01, or SP01

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    They are incredible range and competition guns. If you are looking for a carry at home, on the move, or otherwise not at a range I'd highly suggest the P01, or SP01
    I carry a P-01 with a Vedder IWB holster. Despite having a bit of heft, the package conceals well and I often forget it's there. With one of the Cajun Gun Works kits I installed, it's one heck of a defensive shooter.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I carry a P-01 with a Vedder IWB holster. Despite having a bit of heft, the package conceals well and I often forget it's there. With one of the Cajun Gun Works kits I installed, it's one heck of a defensive shooter.
    Hell yeah! I swap carrying different CZs, but they are almost all cajunized, much to the chagrin of my bank account, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom