• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    Is there an indoor range, like Freestate, that allows just about everything from 22lr to .223? I live just across the bay from Annapolis, not afraid to travel, but Middle River is a bit far. It seems everytime I want to take my sons to the outdoor range...we have downpours. Regular handguns, AR pistols and an AR rifle would be the usual candidates (unless shotguns allowed??) Thanks for any feedback!

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Is there an indoor range, like Freestate, that allows just about everything from 22lr to .223? I live just across the bay from Annapolis, not afraid to travel, but Middle River is a bit far. It seems everytime I want to take my sons to the outdoor range...we have downpours. Regular handguns, AR pistols and an AR rifle would be the usual candidates (unless shotguns allowed??) Thanks for any feedback!

yes they go up to 300.blackout make sure it's the non magnetic jackets and as far as shotguns the only allow slugs.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    no indication about that on their wedsite!was just throwing in some "Indoor Ranges" nearby annapolis

Been there. Recently in fact. Long guns allowed only in a pistol caliber (9mm, etc.). Not sure about shotguns - definitely no slugs. I keep hoping it will change because other indoor ranges that allow .223 or higher are a trek but I doubt it.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    On Target only allows pistol calibers. So no rifle or shotgun. maybe like 20 25yard lanes. Only 2 people per lane, but ive seen people rotate a third person. Also the number of firearms allowed in lane depends who you talk to. I was told up to 5. No pics/video http://ontarget.biz/range/

Free State allows up to 300 blackout and only slugs for shotgun. But only like 10 or so lanes and only 2 per lane. Not sure about rotating out or how many guns per lane. pics/video allowed if restricted to just your group. http://www.freestategunrange.com/

Maryland Small Arm Range pistol, says most high power rifle (excluding 50bmg, 338 lapua, and blackpowder), and shotgun (they allow birdshot and buckshot), 10 50 yard rifle and 14 25 yard pistol lanes. I dont know about how many firearms per lane, rotation, or pics/vids. http://www.msar.com/shooting-range/

I go to On Target when I just want to shoot handguns since its close. I tried out FreeState so i could use my rifles and shotgun. I liked their range but wish they had more lanes. Planning on visiting MSAR sometime soon. I like to bring friends new to shooting, so its nice that MSAR has a "for the day" fee and not per hour fee. That way I will be able to let them try different firearms, safety, etc without a time constraint (just ammo constraint).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    that sucks.

It sucks big hairy O'Malley junk.

On Target only allows pistol calibers. So no rifle or shotgun. maybe like 20 25yard lanes. Only 2 people per lane, but ive seen people rotate a third person. Also the number of firearms allowed in lane depends who you talk to. I was told up to 5. No pics/video http://ontarget.biz/range/

Free State allows up to 300 blackout and only slugs for shotgun. But only like 10 or so lanes and only 2 per lane. Not sure about rotating out or how many guns per lane. pics/video allowed if restricted to just your group. http://www.freestategunrange.com/

Maryland Small Arm Range pistol, says most high power rifle (excluding 50bmg, 338 lapua, and blackpowder), and shotgun (they allow birdshot and buckshot), 10 50 yard rifle and 14 25 yard pistol lanes. I dont know about how many firearms per lane, rotation, or pics/vids. http://www.msar.com/shooting-range/

I go to On Target when I just want to shoot handguns since its close. I tried out FreeState so i could use my rifles and shotgun. I liked their range but wish they had more lanes. Planning on visiting MSAR sometime soon. I like to bring friends new to shooting, so its nice that MSAR has a "for the day" fee and not per hour fee. That way I will be able to let them try different firearms, safety, etc without a time constraint (just ammo constraint).

I thought so too, but how does one explain this:

Mark the date! April 10th we will have our Fourth Annual Big Boomer Shoot from 8 PM to midnight. Bring all your big stuff, 30-06, 308 and bigger, if you got it.

One of our members has graciously agreed to lend us his Barrett 50BMG. Come shoot it for $10 per shot.

Some people think it is rediculous to shoot a 50BMG in a 25 yard indoor range. But you should do it for the same reason a dog licks his private parts... Because he can.

We will give away some cool prizes and food by the Tilted Quilt.

:whoa:

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    It sucks big hairy O'Malley junk.

I thought so too, but how does one explain this:

:whoa:

Hahaha I dont know man. Could they potentially put something temporary on the backstop to handle those rounds? Regardless I dont know if id want to be in an indoor range with a 50bmg. I am only in my mid 20s so Id like to keep my hearing.

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thanks for all the info! I am looking at MSAR's site and it looks like it fits all the bills. I called On Target, and have been there with handguns, but nothing really for rifle beyond (he thought) 22lr. MSAR looks like a good reason to make the trip. Again, great help, folks. Thank you.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    MSAR hands down for MD [indoor] ranges IMHO.
    Saturday/Sunday is very busy. Wed usually you can have the place to yourself.
    As long as your bullets dont stick to a magnet you can shoot. We usually go on the rifle side and shoot both pistols/rifles. People on the rifle side seem to be more safety conscience, although u get the occasional 'new shotgun owner' lol.
    Yes MSAR is my favorite range, just much better during the week[day] [aside from Delmarva Sporting Clays].
    Good luck be safe [and be wary there was a story about someone being followed and having their car broken-into after leaving MSAR]

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

FWIW, Freestate has 12 lanes, and I've seen 3 people sharing one lane on at least a few occasions, although they claim it isn't allowed.

As for firearm limits, a buddy and I have had a dozen firearms there at one time. :innocent0

I think I'll try MSAR just to shoot some of this birdshot I can't get rid of...Thanks for the links. :thumbsup:

You are young. Once you have been married a while with kids you'll realize hearing is overrated.

hahaha...Amen to that. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom