• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsizzle555

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    Has anyone had issues getting their ccw with old interim protective orders on their record? Long story but usual story about crazy ex filing for custody almost 20 years ago. It was only interim, she didn’t show up for the hearing for a final- and I didn’t get served papers, so technically I can select no on the ccw application if it asks if you’ve ever been served a protective order, correct?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Has anyone had issues getting their ccw with old interim protective orders on their record? Long story but usual story about crazy ex filing for custody almost 20 years ago. It was only interim, she didn’t show up for the hearing for a final- and I didn’t get served papers, so technically I can select no on the ccw application if it asks if you’ve ever been served a protective order, correct?
    I would contact a lawyer.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Most guys I talk to that went through divorce or child custody or both say the same thing as far as what they went through. Their ex wives are told to use the system by friends or attorneys to corrupt the image of the soon to be ex in order to gain favor in custody or in the final divorce decree. The scenario you described happens a lot so I’m thinking those reviewing records are aware of this and can either take it with a grain of salt or screw with you.

tsizzle555

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    Most guys I talk to that went through divorce or child custody or both say the same thing as far as what they went through. Their ex wives are told to use the system by friends or attorneys to corrupt the image of the soon to be ex in order to gain favor in custody or in the final divorce decree. The scenario you described happens a lot so I’m thinking those reviewing records are aware of this and can either take it with a grain of salt or screw with you.
    Yeah, I’d assume so, given that is literally the only thing on my record. But who knows- I’m going to give it a try!

dmere01

Feb 13, 2016
    Same thing happened to me twenty four years ago. I noticed that people who have the same investigator’s date, and NICS as I do, have been approved. I’ve heard nothing from the investigator.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom