• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    I have a quick question about my zero. I went to the range the other day, and zeroed my AR with the A2 carry handle. I was shooting at 200 yards, and got it zeroed in at 200. I noticed that I had left the rear elevation knob in the 6/3 position. Is there any way to correct this so I can keep my zero? or am I gonna have to re-zero the whole thing? I'd like to think I could just raise or lower the front sight post a certain number of clicks and be good to go, but I'm not sure. Should I just take it out and re-zero it at 100? Or should I print out one of those 25 meter zero targets and do it that way?

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    You can adjust the front sight. Assuming you have a standard A2 front sight (4 sided post with 4 detents), it's 5 MOA per revolution (1.25 MOA per detent). Your zero change from 200 to 300 is approximately 2.5 MOA, so if you come DOWN (clockwise on the front site screw) on the front sight by 2.5 moa (2 detent clicks), and go down to the 200 mark on the rear sight as well, your zero should stay the same. Truthfully those rear sight yardages do not correspond to reality...

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    I also just noticed that it was on the 6/3 position at the lowest the sight will go, I don't have any more clicks down. So it sounds like I just need to get out there and start over?

Dec 6, 2011
    With the sight at the 3/6 setting, there is a hole visible through the top of the sight just ahead of the aperture. If you use a small allen wrench, you can loosen the screw and rotate the bottom half of the 3/6 knob raising the sight up 4 clicks. Then tighten the screw. 3/6 minus 4 clicks is approx 50/200 yards. You now have a sight that can be used at ranges closer than 300 and still maintains the 3, 4, 5, and 600 m settings.

For more info look up Santose zero and Improved Battle Zero. You'll find a ton of info on it along with photos showing how it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom