• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Hogan's daughter running for State's Attorney in St.Mary's. https://thebaynet.com/jaymi-sterling-exploring-a-bid-for-st-marys-county-states-attorney/

Don't know much about her except what's been in the local online news. She was Deputy States Attorney and was demoted for being a whistle blower so she left and went to AA County.

In my most recent role as the Deputy State’s Attorney, I uncovered questionable financial and personnel practices. I took action to make sure these practices were reported to the appropriate authorities. In response, the State’s Attorney immediately demoted me for reporting these irregularities.

I'd like to know what she reported?

Jakers07

MDS Supporter
    Mar 9, 2021
    I personally like that she has experience whistleblowing in a state office. We need more of these. Reported "questionable financial and personnel practices".

Too bad she's a Hogan

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I must have blinked back in 2020 , so please refresh me , was there actually anything substantive to her accusations ?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...I'd like to know what she reported?
    https://southernmarylandchronicle.c...d-money-at-center-of-whistleblower-complaint/
    ...Ms. Sterling alleges that she uncovered questionable financial and personnel practices at the County Office, and when she reported them to the appropriate authorities, she was demoted...

I personally like that she has experience whistleblowing in a state office. We need more of these. Reported "questionable financial and personnel practices".
    I'll bet she learned her lesson...
    Too bad she's a Hogan
    This.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I would imagine that Frosh would have been thrilled to take down , or even moderately tarnish a sitting GOP States Attorney .

" Questionable financial and personnel practices " could cover a wide range . Taking bribes to throw cases , or no show ghost employees would be serious . Taking an extra 15 minutes for lunch break , or buying office supplies from Staples instead of Wal Mart , not so much .

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    That's what I'm wondering. Was it covered up?

LOL, Fritz has some experience in that area.

Remember, county deputies bought up all the copies of a local paper with a story critical of him right before the election.

Settlement cost taxpayers, not Fritz.

I don't know much about Jaymi, recall her pursuing ridiculous " depraved heart" charges. I remember her as a coach at Chopticon, but I'm voting for ANYONE other than Fritz.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I got to see both of them in action during jury duty. Good ol boy (Fritz) vs polished (Sterling) both approaches worked. Fritz seemed more like a deal maker but has been dedicated to the county for a long time. I wonder if Sterling is just using this as a chance to work up the political chain and will be gone in a few years. I haven’t seen either take a position on the recent W&C changes in MD. Tough choice I’m still researching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I got to see both of them in action during jury duty. Good ol boy (Fritz) vs polished (Sterling) both approaches worked. Fritz seemed more like a deal maker but has been dedicated to the county for a long time. I wonder if Sterling is just using this as a chance to work up the political chain and will be gone in a few years. I haven’t seen either take a position on the recent W&C changes in MD. Tough choice I’m still researching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sterling is giving payback to Fritz for firing her.

Add Bitter and spiteful to her resume. Not to mention using Daddy to get what she wants.

Do you want a mini Hogan in St. Marys?

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Just had a very interesting conversation with a funeral home director in St. Mary's county (sadly we were there to conduct business; rest easy old timer :(:heart:). While we were waiting for them to finish up with another client I picked up a pamphlet about how funeral homes need to respond to the opioid crisis. Recommendations included great caution to safeguard against employee skin contact with residue and most interesting to see in print: robust security during services for dead junkies due to the crowd that attends. Conversation started over the Hollywood fiasco, and she confirmed, as we all know, that shootings in Lexington Park are frequent (and it's not Baltimoreans coming down here, it's locals). Other inconvenient truths told during the conversation when I noted the pamphlet: 1) they try to get the family to have open casket so mourners can see their associate dead, 2) restrooms become minefields because the mourners go shoot up in there, 3) typical rate is 1-2 per week all year just at their establishment.

Anyway, they have a lot of contact with law enforcement and her strong opinion is that this county is having such a problem because Fritz is not aggressively dealing with criminals. They seem like the ones who would know and the whole talk seemed sincere and legit. I was on the fence due to the Hogan connection, but would say I'm willing to take a chance on Jaymi Sterling now.

Other things she said were that the deputies are pretty much solidly behind Steve Hall for Sheriff. I have a son that was in the civilian cadet program for a while and he really liked him as well.

yeehall

Dec 21, 2020
    Backstory: I let some postal mail get in a pile, and my vehicle tag and drivers license both expired. Got pulled over and ticketed. Got them both fixed, and went to court to have the charges dismissed. Fritz gave me the same deal as everybody else, I could "donate" $200 to the youth program that he ran, or I could risk my chances with the judge. I can tell you it was absolutely a shakedown as far as I was concerned.

Her complaint was that he was running a shakedown scheme(s). She wasn't lying.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Backstory: I let some postal mail get in a pile, and my vehicle tag and drivers license both expired. Got pulled over and ticketed. Got them both fixed, and went to court to have the charges dismissed. Fritz gave me the same deal as everybody else, I could "donate" $200 to the youth program that he ran, or I could risk my chances with the judge. I can tell you it was absolutely a shakedown as far as I was concerned.

Her complaint was that he was running a shakedown scheme(s). She wasn't lying.
    Wait, so the states attorney offering you a legal out of trouble by donating to project grad is now a shakedown? I guess so is community service for speeding tickets? Do you even know what project grad is? You also weren't going to court to have your charges dismissed, you were going to court for breaking the law and he gave you an easy out. I'm very confused as to why you're upset about this

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wait, so the states attorney offering you a legal out of trouble by donating to project grad is now a shakedown? I guess so is community service for speeding tickets? Do you even know what project grad is? You also weren't going to court to have your charges dismissed, you were going to court for breaking the law and he gave you an easy out. I'm very confused as to why you're upset about this
    Even if it is the best organization in the world, offering to make someone's legal problems go away in exchange for a "donation" is not something a public official should do.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Yeah. It's a shakedown. Not a unique one. 'Police widows and orphans fund' was the racket you had to pay off when I lived further up the coast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom