• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Esox

May 16, 2015
    I've been offered some JI marked Hi-power mags, correct for Inglis, but are not sure of the value.

Does anyone know the going price for normal wear JI mags?

Thanks,

E

Jul 1, 2012
    They used to be around $100 but I've seen them in the $150 to $200 range nowadays. Vintage magazines in general have really gotten expensive lately for some reason.

Esox

May 16, 2015
    They used to be around $100 but I've seen them in the $150 to $200 range nowadays. Vintage magazines in general have really gotten expensive lately for some reason.
    I see. I'll try to get as close to $100/mag as possible.
    Thanks for chiming in

Jul 1, 2012
    I got some not too long ago for an Inglis HP for around $50, but maybe I just got lucky. Good to know if $100 is about the regular going rate
    $50 is insanely good! There are some here and there that might sell for $100 but $150-ish is more the avg nowadays for the Inglis mags (excellent condition, original finish). WW2 German mags, at least $200-250 ($300-500 for WaA's, depending on markings).

$100 is a nice far price for face-to-face for both parties, seller doesn't have to worry about listing and selling fees and dealing with the unwashed masses, buyer gets a good deal w/o associated fees.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Let them name the price first, hard to buy and sell at the same time. You just might get a deal and if they name the price, even if it is low, they must be happy with it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Let them name the price first, hard to buy and sell at the same time. You just might get a deal and if they name the price, even if it is low, they must be happy with it.
    I always hate that part of the negotiation. I asked the lawn guy how much he wanted to clean up the yard and he asked how much I wanted to pay. I said how about free? He said how about $200 and I said ok. I like to be fair when selling and I usually knock off about 30% of what I paid for a used item. I hardly ever counter offer unless it's way too low/high.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    SIG P210/P49 mags are within sniffing distance of $300, though one guy has one for 190.

Magazines for quality pistols that are being discontinued might seem like a nice long-term investment. They don't take up a lot of room, and the markup can be remarkable. Of course, that ship sailed about 30 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom