• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Hi fellas so i just bought my marlin xt 22 R, bolt action 22lr and went to ontarget shooting range to try it and i went throught 200 rds of federal and remington ammo, and what a blast i used the original open sights and i used 25 feet rifle and pistol targets but at 50 ft is not far at all but with 5 inches targets i got a 2 - 3 inches grouping shotting in stand up position without any support, and for being the first time shooting it idont think is bad...

Anyways i just wanted to share in case somebody there is looking for a new .22lr i thin
    k this marlin shoukd be in consideration very light accurate, and fun to shoot all under $200

Btw is there any rifle range that welcome 22lr shooters im thinking of taking my 13 yrs old daughter to see if she likes the shooting as i do...

Thanks for reading

cvillanueva

Feb 13, 2012
    Waldorf
    Btw is there any rifle range that welcome 22lr shooters im thinking of taking my 13 yrs old daughter to see if she likes the shooting as i do...

Did they not welcome you? Did they look at you funny b/c you're shooing a 22LR? I'm thinking about buying the one year membership and shooting my .22 during lunch.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    ohh yes they welcomed me and they treated me nice im a member, but what i meant with a rifle range is somewhere to shoot over 50 yards.... now if you work close enough and have time to go shooting on lunch time you should go for it, membership is $200 and unlimited for a whole year.... it is totally worth it every dollar i think.... even going just weekends make you save a lot, plus 22 lr goes for $2-$3 per 50 rds.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Whenever I took my .22LR bolt gun in there they always looked at me funny. That was before I joined the AGC, which has 100 and 200 yard ranges. 125 bucks annual for unlimited use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom