• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Ring & nextDoor APP threads on two vehicles stolen this weekend in Crofton. Following reading the threads and the article from Florida, I purchased a faraday cage from Amazon. My RAM is parked in the driveway and I believe in the Boy Scout Motto “Be Prepared”

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not with some of the new stuff. If my fob is in my pocket and I pull the handle, it unlocks (2016 Toyota)

My wife's car (2016) is the same, mine (2013) is old school, push button to unlock, push button to remote start.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you have push to start instead of a physical key, the car has the ability to query the key fob instead of the other way around where the fob initiates the comms when you press a button.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Some key fobs; if you hold down the lock button and simultaneously hit the unlock button twice, it will turn off the key fob. The signal then cannot be copied.

Or just wrap your fob in a piece of tin foil. That will isolate the Fob's signal.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I'm Old School,,, you have to prime the engine and go around to the front and give it a good crank or 2,,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom