• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to pick your brain for a moment. I just picked up a kimber micro 9 rapide. I went to the range yesterday to put it through its paces. Myself and 3 other shooters including the range officer were shooting low and left with BOTH hands. We tried from a rest and the same result.

When I say low, 6” low at 7 yards. The ammo was some herters brass cased fmj 115g ammo.

My question is do you think this could be an ammo issue? Should I try multiple brands? Or perhaps is this so far out that I should be contacting kimber for adjustment or repair?

Thanks
    Newq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have a Micro9 and it shot only slightly off point of aim…only drifting the rear sight slightly was sufficient to bring it in.

Since everyone trying your pistol experienced the same results it narrows the cause to two possibilities…ammunition or the pistol itself. Trying different brand, bullet weight or bullet design can help correct it. If not…then contact Kimber.

sudo4re

Jul 8, 2013
    I saw your post wanting to trade this Kimber but unfortunately I do not have enough posts to post in that forum. I have a Ruger Mk2 Competition Target with a slab side barrel, full Volquartsen internals with an Ultra Dot Red Dot and Hogue grips along with all original parts and case if you are interested.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I saw your post wanting to trade this Kimber but unfortunately I do not have enough posts to post in that forum. I have a Ruger Mk2 Competition Target with a slab side barrel, full Volquartsen internals with an Ultra Dot Red Dot and Hogue grips along with all original parts and case if you are interested.
    I am totally interested. This is exactly the type of firearm I was looking for in trade. Could you please email some pics?

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I am totally interested. This is exactly the type of firearm I was looking for in trade. Could you please email some pics to xxxx.xxxxx@gmail.com ?

This is the public section of the board... If I were you I would edit this post, remove the email address, and send it to him by PM.

Unless of course you like spam, or that is a throwaway email.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I wish I could but I cannot pm him.
    You should be able to... I just created one.

Click the envelope at top of page, click 'start new conversation', start typing his name in 'Recipients' and it should pop up.

ETA screen shot:
    Screenshot_20220802-234421.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    try to send him a test message pls. I could not send him a message but really would like to
    Sorry, you're right, he cannot recieve PMs. You can start one but cannot send to him. I wonder if he chose to block them when he created his account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom