• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -It's been a bittersweet month. Last Tuesday I got news that the absentee bid I put in on an immaculate Mauser 1910 was successful. And I was on cloud nine for all of three days. Friday morning I had to make the awful decision to put my oldest terrier, sweet little Ivy, to sleep one day short of her 16th birthday. Tucker and I are beside ourselves but life continues and we'll move on with a host of amazing stories and memories of Ivy to console us.
    -The .25 ACP chambered Mauser 1914 is post war vintage without import marks. Came with the original box and instruction manual. Box is a bit tatty but manual is nice and the pistol, well it's stunning. I rarely pay market value for anything but this example was so clean I felt it was easily worth the coin. There is zero finish wear on metal or wood. Straw bluing is totally intact, numbers matching. Breech face marks show it was shot but there couldn't have been too many rounds run through.
    -Pender's Mauser Pocket Pistols has this listed as a Portuguese model but there's consensus that Pender had it wrong. In this case I totally believe it to be true. This is a commercial issue pistol. They made lots of the Model 1910, about 400,000 in all. Easy to find, just not in this condition. Very much a keeper.

Attachments

• IMGP8055.JPG
      IMGP8055.JPG
      41.5 KB · Views: 479
    • IMGP8057.JPG
      IMGP8057.JPG
      55.8 KB · Views: 415
    • IMGP8056.JPG
      IMGP8056.JPG
      34.1 KB · Views: 454
    • IMGP8058.JPG
      IMGP8058.JPG
      15.9 KB · Views: 379
    • IMGP8060.JPG
      IMGP8060.JPG
      32.9 KB · Views: 473
    • IMGP8061.JPG
      IMGP8061.JPG
      73.9 KB · Views: 478
    • IMGP8062.JPG
      IMGP8062.JPG
      42.5 KB · Views: 389
    • IMGP8063.JPG
      IMGP8063.JPG
      89.5 KB · Views: 406
    Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Condolences on your loss, that last act of compassion never gets any easier.

And that is an absolutely stunning piece. I'd have paid the asking price myself, just for the condition it's in.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats on the new pistol. I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss. Dogs are such a special treat in one's life. You don't know how much you love them until they're gone.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Sorry to hear about Ivy. She was a very nice and smart dog from what I saw.

The Mauser looks great, I've never seen a M1910 that looked so good

Thanks Dan! Next time you visit you'll only have Tucker around your feet. Imagine when the time is right we'll look to adopt another pup, so many need a good home and Tucker needs the companionship. Ivy's loss has hit him even harder.
    When I saw this one listed I knew I had to make a stab at getting it. So I put in an aggressive bid and ended up getting it for $75 less than my max. With buyer's premium it was in the low 600s. Haven't gotten the bill for Fedex priority shipping but that'll probably add $50-60 to the tally. A little high for a M 1910 but to be honest I've never seen one as nice as this in over 25 yrs. Instruction booklet and box add a bit to that as well. Wish the box was in better condition but it's original and at 90 yrs old I not sure how much better it could be. If they're too nice I start thinking "repop".

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Very nice pick up, you always pick up choice items. Sorry for your loss and good luck with the new "acquisition" when it happens

Jul 1, 2012
    Sorry to hear about Miss Ivy, it's always tough. She had a wonderful, long and fulfilling life.

The Mauser is indeed stunning. There's a subset of folks that go bananas over original boxed guns so that was actually a great deal I think.
    Granted not as popular as the Colt Model M but we're seeing prices almost doubling on those boxed 1903's in the past year or so.
    They ain't making these anymore!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Sorry to hear about Miss Ivy, it's always tough. She had a wonderful, long and fulfilling life.

The Mauser is indeed stunning. There's a subset of folks that go bananas over original boxed guns so that was actually a great deal I think.
    Granted not as popular as the Colt Model M but we're seeing prices almost doubling on those boxed 1903's in the past year or so.
    They ain't making these anymore!

Thank you my friend for your kind words. Ivy was a Godsend to Tucker and me. We were so lucky to have her for as long as we did.
    I've been fortunate to find two outstanding Mauser 1914 variants in the last year. Equal parts good luck and hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom