• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    A relative has a Leonard Day Swivel Barrel that she is looking to sell. The serial number looks to be 64 (that number is stamped in several places including one of the barrels). The gun is set up for percussion shooting (there are no flintlock parts that I am aware of though I understand the guns came with them for changeover). The plate on the patch box has the words Don't Tread On Me and there is a snake in it as well.

I know little to nothing about these types of guns and need information on the relative value of them.

I will try to post pictures later but in the mean time if anyone can offer suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I spoke with the owner who has paperwork indicating a serial number of 130. Is there anyone here who knows about these or can point me in the right direction?

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I don't know anything about them, sorry. Maybe post some pics (maybe in depot) for some more excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Looking through what I could find online, Track of the Wolf has a new one in flintlock for $3200. Depending on condition, I'd expect this to go for $1500-2000ish.

My advice to your relative is to auction the rifle on Gunbroker.com, or consign it with either Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf...I'd probably do the latter, they deal more with the high-end firearms.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I have been busy with some of the other firearms that are not BP. I intend to get pics up (if I ever get time). I will check with the sites mentioned and see if she wants to broker it. She would be happy to get 1200 for it, maybe even 1000. She has no need for it and does not shoot BP.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Picture of the Swivel Barrel

I finally got around to taking the picture.

Attachments

• 100_1330.jpg
      100_1330.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 362

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads