• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I feel stupid even asking this question because I'm 99.9 percent sure that I'm correct. But I've had four separate people tell me I'm wrong.

A business can sell knives without any special permit right? I mean you can buy them at a freaking 711. I'm getting some engraved blades to sell as swag because some customers would love it. And these guys (three of whom are business owners) told me there's some county reg. (Aaco)

I don't see it and I think they're wildly Incorrect (though well intentioned.)

These are just spyderco Para 3s and paramilitary 2s. No autos or assisted.

Thanks

Last edited:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    You may need a Traders License most MD Counties require one if you run a business. There is a fine line between a Hobby and a Business especially when it comes to taxes.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You may need a Traders License most MD Counties require one if you run a business. There is a fine line between a Hobby and a Business especially when it comes to taxes.

Yeah, I already have all my business licenses because I'm running a business that includes retail sales. But these people are telling me that there is something about selling knives specifically in AACO that require some sort of permit or something. And that they can't be sold to people under 18, etc. It doesn't sound logical to me, but I don't know.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I see so many knife vendors at flea markets and gun shows. They have no special license to sell knives. Just a vendors or hucksters license and I guess a tax stamp. Dont try and sell brass knuckles though. Illegal as hell

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I feel stupid even asking this question because I'm 99.9 percent sure that I'm correct. But I've had four separate people tell me I'm wrong.

A business can sell knives without any special permit right? I mean you can buy them at a freaking 711. I'm getting some engraved blades to sell as swag because some customers would love it. And these guys (three of whom are business owners) told me there's some county reg. (Aaco)

I don't see it and I think they're wildly Incorrect (though well intentioned.)

These are just spyderco Para 3s and paramilitary 2s. No autos or assisted.

Thanks

I know I am late to the party here. I do not know the answer to your question. Call the AACO business licensing office. They would know for sure.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Don’t try and sell brass knuckles though. Illegal as hell.
    Those and switchblades. The laws are idiotic as I can walk into any home and find something every bit as effective as brass knuckles, but which are perfectly legal. As for switchblades, they weren't banned because street gangs in the 50s used them, but because gangs in the 1955 James Dean 1955 classic REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE used them. (And if you want some comic relief, watch how the movie’s gangs used them.)

Clearly the movie’s choreographer had no idea how to knife fight! But he did know how to get a movie gang member gutted and flayed in real life. Also, you can walk into any knife store, or order from Amazon, any one of dozens of knives that open faster and cut deeper than a switchblade. I own a number of switchblades, but I don't carry them. I bought them from Italy, and I got them because I collect them, much to my wife's chagrin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom