• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I need something for fclass. After my first match using my tubegun my shoulder was taking a beating even though I'm shooting 6brx with light recoil. Mostly from the hard plastic buttstock and its location in my shoulder when rested. I wanna try shooting free recoil and I'm sure thats gonna increase felt recoil when that thing slams my shoulder. I have a HP coat but I'd like something that will be a little cooler for fclass with some shoulder padding. Any suggestions?

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    thanks for the heads up! I did say I like keeping my money local but I also like keeping some of my money :) but I'll check it out.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I need something for fclass. After my first match using my tubegun my shoulder was taking a beating even though I'm shooting 6brx with light recoil. Mostly from the hard plastic buttstock and its location in my shoulder when rested. I wanna try shooting free recoil and I'm sure thats gonna increase felt recoil when that thing slams my shoulder. I have a HP coat but I'd like something that will be a little cooler for fclass with some shoulder padding. Any suggestions?

A clays vest sounds like what you want. There's lots of them out there. Jack Bart (Bart's Sports World in Glen Burnie) sells a number of them. You can also check them out on the online Beretta store. Places like Nicasshooting.com or Gamaliel Shooting Supply ( www.gamaliel.com ) also have them. Browning makes nice vests as well.

Most can be had in right or left handed versions with shoulder padding. Some even have inside pockets at the shoulders to add an additional pad. Most makers have versions that are mostly mesh or just mesh on the back. The vests I have are cloth in the front with leather at the shoulder and mesh on the back.

The Orvis vest is nice, but too much money. Browning and Beretta make vest just as nice for less money.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for the help fellas! I got a Beretta silver pigeon vest. It looks perfect for what I want, it has mesh sides, only 2 pockets, and no choke tube pockets and stuff that would be uncomfortable when prone.

I will dedicate 1 X to each of you my next match ;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I bet if you bought a nice columbia vest, Pete at Bagman Tactical could really put a nice pad in the shoulder for ya. Quality right there.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Why would someone go with a shooting vest or shoulder pad instead of a limbsaver pad or other type of pad for the butt? Assuming you could work out the length of pull to still fit you correctly, what are the advantages of a shoulder pad over a recoil reducing pad on the stock? I don't have the money to get in to fclass yet, so don't know.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Why would someone go with a shooting vest or shoulder pad instead of a limbsaver pad or other type of pad for the butt? Assuming you could work out the length of pull to still fit you correctly, what are the advantages of a shoulder pad over a recoil reducing pad on the stock? I don't have the money to get in to fclass yet, so don't know.

I doubt there's any advantage. I don't know if there is anything that would fit this stock. Also the rules state that rifle must be shouldered and a loose fitting vest will allow me to shoot free recoil and still have some contact in the shoulder.

i broke my wrist sunday so i dont know what im gpoin to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom