• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Loupy 2.5 scout scope. Long eye relief, excellent clarity. Low profile. All around a great scope. I have it on a Ruger Gunsite Scout.
    I am getting ready to replace it only due to my eyes need more power at 200. But I would highly recommend one.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Loupy 2.5 scout scope. Long eye relief, excellent clarity. Low profile. All around a great scope. I have it on a Ruger Gunsite Scout.
    I am getting ready to replace it only due to my eyes need more power at 200. But I would highly recommend one.

no longer made but i am sure i can find one

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout and it came with Hi-Lux 2-7x32. It was ok, decent clarity, but my biggest complaint was it didn't gather much light in low light hunting situations.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I have a Burris Scout 2-7x32 on my Ruger Gunsite Scout. Good clear glass. I usually keep the magnification at 2 or 3X but it's nice to have to option to go higher, if needed. The Ballistic Plex reticle is nice too. The BDC points are perfectly calibrated to 150-165gr .308 rounds.

Redbone1

Mar 1, 2020
    I just recently bought a 1.5-4 leupold scout scope for my marlin guide gun. I really like it and how the gun is set up now.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I picked up the Mossberg MVP scout combo and it came with the Vortex 2-7x32mm. It is not bad for a lower end scope. Good to start off with and upgrade later.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Another vote for the Leupold 1.5-4 × 20. Just put one on a 22 for my wife. Typical Leupold quality..

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I also have the Vortex Crossfire II 2X7-32 Scout on my Marlin 1895 45-70 Guide Gun. Nice lower price optic with clear glass and holds zero on the 45-70.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I put a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1- 6 X 24 on my .308 BAR DBM pig gun.
    This is not a scout scope. Scout scopes are specifically designed to for extended eye relief to sit much further forward on a rifle.

However, the other thing to note is that scout scopes are essentially obsolete as a concept. They might have made sense in Cooper's day; they've really lost most of their relevance in an era when bolt guns aren't loading from stripper clips and we have access to light-weight ACOGs and reflex sights. This is why the great majority of scout scopes available now are cheap Chinese scopes; they're oddities at best these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom