• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    looking at the Sig Sauer Tango 1-6, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 and the Primary Arms 1-6

Leaning more towards the Sig Sauer Tango, any real world comparisons or suggestions to share?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Any reason you are sticking with 1-6x Models? I have used the Vortex 1-6× and 1-8× and they are decent but heavy. The higher the pricetag, the better the glass, weight, and mechanical parts will be (usually.....). The ones listed are mid level optics and will do the job.

Q

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    I have the strike eagle and it's a good entry level scope. Don't have experience with other two. I wish I knew about and saved up few more for the viper pst, check out that scope. I think it's well worth the price difference.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    There is a brand new illuminated PA 1-6, quad cantilever mount with other accessories in the Classified section.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Looked at others on paper and in store but wound up with one of these and no complaints. Some have said the red reticle gets washed out in daylight but haven't seen this.

What are you looking at using it for? Wouldn't use it as a HD gun.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Any reason you are sticking with 1-6x Models? I have used the Vortex 1-6× and 1-8× and they are decent but heavy. The higher the pricetag, the better the glass, weight, and mechanical parts will be (usually.....). The ones listed are mid level optics and will do the job.

Q
    I have a PA SLx 1-6x ACSS on my 300Blk SBR. The only complaint I have is that it is a bit heavy. Otherwise, a very nice scope.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have an SWFA 1-6X FFP that I like. I bought it used for about $600. It's in an AD Recon 1 piece mount. The FFP makes it a red circle at 1X and then it has a milling reticle at 6X. Pretty handy range and options. My only complaint is that the power ring is really stiff and it is a little heavy for it's size at 22oz.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Just bought a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8X for $299.00 It is the Optic Planets OPMOD color but considering I am seeing them for $4-500 for the most part could not pass it up.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I have the PA FFP 1x6 5.56 version and a PA 1x6 SFP for .300blackout. They both have very nice glass for the price point, lifetime warranties and the ACSS reticle system is the best one out there. You might want to consider the PA 1x8 FFP. gives you a bit more magnification, still very competitively priced, newer styling/features than the 1x6. https://www.primaryarms.com/slx-fir...pe-with-acss-raptor-556-reticle?order=inverse

Good luck!

Sirex