• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    This is the fourth pistol I own. For some reason, I kept having the skin on top at the second knuckle of the thumb rubbed off. The "beaver tail" part of the frame inflicts the damage.

I wonder if I hold the pistol in a wrong way or just the way the frame is built?

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I’ve shot around 500- rounds through mine. No problems like that. Do you have XL hands ? I wear a size L gloves. Does it happen with the extended 8 round or just the 7 rounder. I only ask that because i hate using the 7. I found myself trying to adjust my grip to compensate for shorter mag. Only use the 8- rounders now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I’ve shot around 500- rounds through mine. No problems like that. Do you have XL hands ? I wear a size L gloves. Does it happen with the extended 8 round or just the 7 rounder. I only ask that because i hate using the 7. I found myself trying to adjust my grip to compensate for shorter mag. Only use the 8- rounders now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have small hands. It happened to both 7 and 8 rounder. I also have the M&P Compact 2.0 9mm. I have no problem with that one. So I'm very sure it is the Shield.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I have the compact - I was noticing a similar issue and thought I was pinching a nerve, but I’ve developed a callus in that spot. I also have smaller/skinny hands and use the standard medium backstrap. Just accepted that if I’m gripping it firmly enough to control recoil it’s gonna be a bit uncomfortable - it’s a gun, not a musical instrument. I prefer to not wear a glove on my shooting hand though I’ve tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom