• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Like a lot of gun owners, I like to take photos of my guns and share them. Having a revolver makes me want to take pics with a full cylinder but there are safety issues of filling up a cylinder with live rounds and pointing it toward your camera or face.

I have bright orange dummy rounds, but they always look goofy in a nice gun. While loading some .357 this morning, I got the idea to seat six bullets in cases with no powder or primer to use as dummy rounds when photographing my gun.

I keep them separate from my live rounds. FAR from my live rounds. Way far. There can and will be no confusion. After these photos were taken, I marked each case with bright paint so they cannot get mixed in without being noticed.

Attachments

• DSCN0065.JPG
      DSCN0065.JPG
      74.9 KB · Views: 398
    • DSCN0066.JPG
      DSCN0066.JPG
      68.9 KB · Views: 397
    • DSCN0067.JPG
      DSCN0067.JPG
      46.6 KB · Views: 404
    • DSCN0069.JPG
      DSCN0069.JPG
      30.9 KB · Views: 397
    • DSCN0072.JPG
      DSCN0072.JPG
      39.3 KB · Views: 401

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    You can heat the primers to cook 'em off, then press 'em in. Next, use a 1/8" drill bit to drill a single hole in the side of each case. This way there's no mistake which rounds are dummies. Take care to not dimple the opposite side of the case with the drill's point.

You rotate the rounds so the holes you drilled in the cases are out of camera view. And when loaded in a cylinder, they all look live and ready for action.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    It would be cool if you could pull the "primer" out of some snap caps and you could get double duty out of those. In the red one i have it just looks like silicone, not sure it is that simple, but since we are throwing around suggestions, there is mine

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I make those for all the different bullets(357: Gr, Gr, etc....) I load into the same case. That makes it easy to set the bullet seat die.

That's where I got the idea from. I was using one or two to set the die and thought it would be a shame to let them go to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom