IMG_7430.jpeg

Chesapeake Gunslingers
    www.chesapeakegunslingers.com
    443-504-3735

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That’s a great price bud! But we are now in 2024 and prices of everything are much higher for new items.
    Don't I know it. I'm not doggin ya, Gunslinger. Just crying a bit at what life costs nowadays.

Ask me why I still drive a 1994 Ford Pickup that I got for $1 and a 1983 Honda Civic Wagon that I got for $200 at auction, and a 1998 Toyota Camry that I inherited when my Mom got too old to continue to drive.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    So how is it I only paid like $235 for my S&W No Dash M586? Probably because Reagan was President. What a great man!

That Marlin 1894 is a beautiful rifle, and I'm sure it will sell quickly, if it hasn't sold already. Obviously the market is satisfied with the price.

Although now that I think about it, my Marlin 39A was a lot cheaper than that. I wonder why? Not because of Reagan's sound policies, because I got the Marlin when Carter was President.

Last edited:

J_Gunslinger

Industry Partner
    Apr 19, 2024
    Fallston
    I inherited my 44mag Marlin from my father. He passed away 33 years ago. It’s been the best brush gun and one that I will pass down to my son.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Not quite, Steve.

30. And to think that I traded it to the Gun Celler for partial payment for my Winchester Classic Stainless w BOSS Model 70 30-06
    220, 221, whatever it takes.
    40 is the new 30.

Btw. That is a great price. The current offer, that is.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I inherited my 44mag Marlin from my father. He passed away 33 years ago. It’s been the best brush gun and one that I will pass down to my son.
    Awesome, J_Gunslinger.

That one is probably very much like my first one.
    This reminds me of a job where I was demoing a bathroom and behind the medicine cabinet inside the wall was a pile of Safety razor blades, the 2 sided sharp edged kind. The wrappers said the Marlin Razor and Firearms Co. on them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    My 686 cost $250, in 1985. I should have bought 3 or 4 of them.

That's when I got my 586. It was a big chunk of my paycheck back then.

I had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    That’s a great price bud! But we are now in 2024 and prices of everything are much higher for new items.
    ...and today's price is? You defended the price without providing it. Did you ever think it might have been better just to state the sales price? I mean, if you wanted to sell the rifle, that's a tactic I'd consider.

J_Gunslinger

Industry Partner
    Apr 19, 2024
    Fallston
    ...and today's price is? You defended the price without providing it. Did you ever think it might have been better just to state the sales price? I mean, if you wanted to sell the rifle, that's a tactic I'd consider.
    The rifle sold! The link to the rifle is the very first thing in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom