• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Do any of the clubs there do high power tactical with optics? If so any info would be great..

thanks sean

Can you elaborate?

I do not know of the competition of which you speak.

I shoot highpower (service rifle, iron sights) at AGC.

They do not have F class (Bridgeville delaware does)

They do not run tactical matches (Mayberry is the Md location, had a match today) and there are some in Pa.

redrumtc

Dec 10, 2008
    howard co
    Well my dad belongs to the the range in new freedom pa they have them there. I can join his club and do the shoots. Well I was just try to get something alittle closer to howard co thats all I will be in contact with steve from mayberry..But thanks for the info.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Well my dad belongs to the the range in new freedom pa they have them there. I can join his club and do the shoots. Well I was just try to get something alittle closer to howard co thats all I will be in contact with steve from mayberry..But thanks for the info.

I'm still curious about what you meant by high power tactical.

Is this a newer NRA type match or did you mean the mayberry style matches?

redrumtc

Dec 10, 2008
    howard co
    okay at the range my dad gos to up around the pa md line they do something called High power tactical matchs and they go around to diffrent ranges doing it.

I havent done it yet but the rules go bye this guide lines

100,200,300,400,500, and 600 yards 10<-- (I THINK) rounds per round your shooting at diffrent shapes some of the targets move i do know this. You must hit the black shape or you lose points.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    okay at the range my dad gos to up around the pa md line they do something called High power tactical matchs and they go around to diffrent ranges doing it.

I havent done it yet but the rules go bye this guide lines

100,200,300,400,500, and 600 yards 10<-- (I THINK) rounds per round your shooting at diffrent shapes some of the targets move i do know this. You must hit the black shape or you lose points.

"Tactical" has a specific meaning and this description does not answer that.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    ok, sounds like it's a free form match that a few guys run at different ranges. Sounds interesting. When they are having matches please post up links and or reviews in the forum. I'm sure a lot of our members would be interested.

redrumtc

Dec 10, 2008
    howard co
    will do DRM..Bike I dont have all the details yet but I do know some shots are standing,prone position and Kneeling as in tactical it must be a (AR) style of rifle. It can be custom or normal but must have atleast a 6x scope..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom