• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just a PSA…. Marriottsville Road is closing at the RR crossing on 6-9 December, in case any of you Yahoo’s head that way northbound to the AGC.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Thx for the heads up. I'm a Yahoo.
    Where did you see/hear this and do you know why?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Thx for the heads up. I'm a Yahoo.
    Where did you see/hear this and do you know why?
    They have electronic signs advertising it on both sides of the RR crossing. I was just up at the AGC this morning.

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    I saw that Saturday when I went to the range. I am coming from Howard County. Guess I'll have to map out a new route if I want to go shoot on those days.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    doing agc 2-3 gun this weekend dec 3 so looks like i'll miss this, though not sure if that RR is between I-70 and AGC or north of that.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    doing agc 2-3 gun this weekend dec 3 so looks like i'll miss this, though not sure if that RR is between I-70 and AGC or north of that.
    If you are going west on I-70 and get off at Marriottsville Rd, you cross the train tracks on your way to AGC.

Wards Chapel Rd near the pistol range hits Rt 26 then goes up near Soldiers Delight.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    From HoCo side there are 2 other ways depending on your location north vs. south.

South side, Rt.99 (Old Frederick) to Woodstock Rd (turns into Old Court at the RR tracks) left on Hernwood Rd, left on Marriottsville to AGC

North side Rt.32 (Sykesville Rd) to right on Raincliffe, right on Slacks, right on Arrington (at 3 way stop) then take right on Marriottsville Rd #2, then left at Marriottsville to AGC (can also use Henryton off Arrington to Marriottsville, but why?)

Slumy__57

May 18, 2018
    Hampstead MD
    I take Marriottsville occasionally to get home, appreciate the heads up! They're repaving on my main route too right now. Sometimes I feel like MDOT does it intentionally to ruin my commute

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    From HoCo side there are 2 other ways depending on your location north vs. south.

South side, Rt.99 (Old Frederick) to Woodstock Rd (turns into Old Court at the RR tracks) left on Hernwood Rd, left on Marriottsville to AGC

North side Rt.32 (Sykesville Rd) to right on Raincliffe, right on Slacks, right on Arrington (at 3 way stop) then take right on Marriottsville Rd #2, then left at Marriottsville to AGC (can also use Henryton off Arrington to Marriottsville, but why?)
    Thanks, Raineman! That's what I needed to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom