• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    The wife may be offered a job in VA soon. In Rosslyn to be exact (Arlington basically I believe).

We live in AACO now, Glen Burnie. Old Glen Burnie. I hate this neighborhood. Lots of vandalism and minor crime. Slashed tires, hobos, etc.

We have been planning to move in 18 months or so and we're looking to buy something in Gambrills or Annapolis for $300-350k. Move in ready with a yard.

What are the suggestions for NOVA to buy? Nice affordable neighborhoods.

I say NOVA because my job is still here in AACO so I'll be commuting 60-90 minutes each way. We can't go too far south or won't be able to handle the commute.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    The wife may be offered a job in VA soon. In Rosslyn to be exact (Arlington basically I believe).

We live in AACO now, Glen Burnie. Old Glen Burnie. I hate this neighborhood. Lots of vandalism and minor crime. Slashed tires, hobos, etc.

We have been planning to move in 18 months or so and we're looking to buy something in Gambrills or Annapolis for $300-350k. Move in ready with a yard.

What are the suggestions for NOVA to buy? Nice affordable neighborhoods.

I say NOVA because my job is still here in AACO so I'll be commuting 60-90 minutes each way. We can't go too far south or won't be able to handle the commute.

Not too many of those around the Arlington area. Anything Nice AND affordable is going to make your commute hell. Take a look at Lorton/Springfield. Still a few affordable neighborhoods down there. If you didn't have that long of a commute, I would've recommended Western Loudoun or some parts of Prince William county. Best of luck.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have a place in Prince William county . That is a decent area. Seems the farther west or south you go the nicer things get.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Lived in Springfield (Pohick Rd area) before moving back to MD in '06 (jedi mind trick gone wrong??). Still some decent neighborhoods to be in, couldn't say about current pricing. Commute shouldn't be too hateful since you wouldn't be going down 95 S too far.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    If you do decide to buy down that way I have two outstanding agents I could recommend. One is in Annapolis/Gambrills arena and the other is in Nova and was fantastic in helping my sister buy down there. Let me know if I can help in any way and good luck to you with the move

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    all i can say is when you find a city or neighborhood you are considering, do a couple of morning and afternoon commutes so you know what you will be getting yourself into.

if her work is near a metro that may widen your opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom