• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I need some advice on my next LVPO scope. It will be going on my new Colt EPR. (Pre 2013 Colt lower with a Colt EPR upper with a Centurian Rail) My first new AR in years, I was saving that lower for something special.

I have narrowed my list to the following scopes. Included is the best price I have found(most are displays) $1500 is my top price. Lower is better.

I have access to a 300yd range. I am a member at a 200yd range and will seldom if ever shoot beyond that.

Vortex Razor 1-6 JM reticle. $1050
    Eotech Vudu 1-10. $1400
    Trijicon Credo 1-8. $1350
    Nightforce NX-8. $1500

I have looked through all of them except the Nightforce. From pictures I think the reticle is busy. I really like the simple reticle on the Razor and it is gorgeous at 1x.

Any advice appreciated. Any other options in this range?

Thanks

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Let's go down the list:
    1. Vortex Razor Gen2: classic, works great, will hold you to at least 400yds depending on target size. Buy the E version if you can swing it, it's lighter.
    2. Vudu 1-10: good scope, not daylight bright, but less necessary than the Razor Gen3. If shooting at 500-600 is a concern, this may be worth a look.
    3. Trijicon Credo 1-8: good scope, brightness is lacking. Does give you the ability to dial if you're into that.
    4. Nightforce NX-8: good scope, but eyebox is garbage. Don't bother.
    5. Sig Tango6 1-6: good scope, daylight bright if SFP ("Hellfire"). Reticle choices are underwhelming, glass is not quite as good as the Razor. Hellfire 3gun version might be worth it at $800 or so.
    6. Delta Stryker HD 1-6: good scope, generally considered a budget alternative to the Razor. Reticle isn't my favorite, but is daylight bright.

Based on your needs, if you can swing a Razor Gen2E, buy a Razor Gen2E. Really, if you are shooting at 200 most of the time, I'd question even needing an LPVO at all unless your targets are tiny.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    So after careful consideration. As always, I blew my scope money on a shiny new rifle instead of optics.

Now I have another rifle to buy a scope for. Ugh.

Still I ended up with a 2021 limited edition CZ 457 MTR Trainer. I couldn't pass it up.

20230208_172341.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom