• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So I've reloaded all of my supplies. Ammo stocks are at an all time high. I can't figure out if I should feel comfortable or the need to restock and keep going. Of course I know the answer to that question, but for today I'm going to enjoy a beer at the bench and enjoy not pulling the handle on my press. Got 500 Nosler 150 custom comps coming in a few weeks and then I need to decide what .224 projectiles to play with.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Down to my last 100 .308 projectiles, out of .451 projectiles, no .224's - depressing.

Ammo stock is not what I'd like to see, but it is refreshing to take some time away from brass prep and the press.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I look at it as when you see something new to try at a Good price grab a few and if they work well buy a bunch when you find them at a good price.

Once you have an established list of pills and loads whenever you see a great deal buy cheap and stack deep. That way when shortages happen you can continue to roll your own. Plus prices will most likely not go down much so what does it hurt. Especially if you find a pet load your rifle likes buy a bunch and you can stick with it for a long time.

BTW did you get the 110s? Try them out yet?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Auction today.......... 9mm went for $27.50 a box... 6 or 7 boxes worth. 7mm Rem Mag 14 bucks a box and the GRAND DUMB ASS award went to the guy that bought 3 PARTIAL boxes of .380 for 30 bucks a box! :shocked3: funny part is he didn't have enough money to cover it when he checked out! :lol2::lol::lol2::lol::lol2::lol::lol2::lol:

Proof positive, only idiots shoot .380! :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am not happy unless I have both ammo and supplies.

But it is up to you what your comfort level is.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I've got ammo and supplies.
    I never run down to 'the last box' of supplies.

Want to shoot my M1A tomorrow, but, my knees are KILLING me, and I don't know if I want to haul everything to the range, or not.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Everything is ordered except powder. I've got tons of primers and brass. Bullets are backordered. Now to test that new batch of 300blk 110 hornadys Stu sent.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    I look at it as when you see something new to try at a Good price grab a few and if they work well buy a bunch when you find them at a good price.

Once you have an established list of pills and loads whenever you see a great deal buy cheap and stack deep. That way when shortages happen you can continue to roll your own. Plus prices will most likely not go down much so what does it hurt. Especially if you find a pet load your rifle likes buy a bunch and you can stick with it for a long time.

Sounds like good advice and is my plan exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom