• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My current rig for 3-gun includes two 4x4 shell caddies. With the latest shotgun I've purchased, I've found it's much easier to do Load-2 than my earlier shotgun, so I'm looking to switch up. I'd like to keep my current battle belt with MOLLE loops, as I have a ton of mag holders for it, but I'm not having much luck finding Load-2 stuff for MOLLE. Then I found this http://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...un-shell-holders/ssl-chest-rig-prod75492.aspx I can take it off when the stage doesn't call for shotgun, and strap it on when it does. What do you think, sirs?

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    My current rig for 3-gun includes two 4x4 shell caddies. With the latest shotgun I've purchased, I've found it's much easier to do Load-2 than my earlier shotgun, so I'm looking to switch up. I'd like to keep my current battle belt with MOLLE loops, as I have a ton of mag holders for it, but I'm not having much luck finding Load-2 stuff for MOLLE. Then I found this http://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...un-shell-holders/ssl-chest-rig-prod75492.aspx I can take it off when the stage doesn't call for shotgun, and strap it on when it does. What do you think, sirs?

I like and run a chest rig bought from the Turk. http://www.invictuspractical.com/deturk-vest.html
    Doesn't have the shoulder rig, just the wrap around for chest. The only problem that I have run into, is going prone. Rig needs to be rotated around your torso to your back. Good luck.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like and run a chest rig bought from the Turk. http://www.invictuspractical.com/deturk-vest.html
    Doesn't have the shoulder rig, just the wrap around for chest. The only problem that I have run into, is going prone. Rig needs to be rotated around your torso to your back. Good luck.

I'm still getting back into the swing of it and am updating my gear before going out. With that said, how often do the stages have both rifle and shotgun in the same stage?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I don't remember any stages I have run that had prone rifle and shotgun. Any stage that is a heavy shotgun stage (30 or more rounds minimum) is usually all run and gun for the other firearms or they don't have them at all. Maybe pistol because if the stage has steel you can switch to the pistol if you want (or maybe based on the sequence of targets).
    As for Load2 or Quad4 for Molle that you already have look at Taccom. Their belt bracket setup also works on Molle. I have a Molle chest plate and have it setup with a mix of Load2 and Quadload because you can do Load2 from a Quadload bracket if you start by pulling the outside 2 shells off opposite your loading hand (and you are not hamfisted). My problem is I have not shot 3-gun in over a year due to my knees.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I'm still getting back into the swing of it and am updating my gear before going out. With that said, how often do the stages have both rifle and shotgun in the same stage?

Not often. It's not really an issue, just need to remember to spin it. Other than that I thinks it's pretty simple to learn and fast. There was talk of not allowing chest rigs but nothing lately.

Paige

Jan 30, 2008
    I saw a post on Facebook where a guy put Safariland molle attachments on the back of an Invictus DeTurk vest and then attached the vest to a molle chest rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom