• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Anyone have one? Any thoughts? I hear/see a lot of good reports about the 930, and what few flaws it has are suppose to be addressed in the 940. Started watching gun deals for stock and running between $850-$1300

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I was interested in the 940 until I saw the prices. I tried buying a 930JM Pro from Buds, but for some reason they wouldn't sell to me, so I got something else. The 930 didn't have a stellar reputation, earning the moniker 930 Jam Master Pro. A company did make products to address the gun's issues, and from what I have read, Mossberg I guess used those ideas in their new 940. I wanted one, but at $1k, versus the 600ish the 930 sold for, I'd just save a tad more and get a better Benelli M2. I have an M2, fantastic gun, as well as the Supernova. If the 940 was cheaper, I'd gamble on it, but not for 1k for a second gen gun of one that should have worked in the first place. Just my opinion.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    People hate on the 930JM. Mine had some light primer strikes in the first 50 rounds, but has been fine ever since...100% so far. Apparently you're supposed to clean them periodically. :shrug: I usually only actually clean mine if it gets wet (more for getting rust protection back on the internals), and just keep it over thoroughly lubricated (SOTAR style).

Sirex